pb-1981

O.E.M corrado moonroof, do they exist??

Hi all, does anyone know if there was a glass moon roof done for the raddo, I've been looking about for a replacement for my knackered steel version but I was looking at the passat, Ibiza, skoda etc as so many seem to swap for them, I've come across someone selling what they say is a proper glass corrado cassette from a late model, do these actually exsist please?

Nope.

there is a dealer in Germany that still lists the repair kits for sale on their website.

Can't remember the website though

No, there was never a Corrado moonroof - some other cars of similar age have interchangeable cassettes, but the roof panels are specific to each car. None of the ones I've seen on Corrados fit very well, they all sit a little proud in the middle. Stock and fully working is just as good :)

Stone

No, there was never a Corrado moonroof - some other cars of similar age have interchangeable cassettes, but the roof panels are specific to each car. None of the ones I've seen on Corrados fit very well, they all sit a little proud in the middle. Stock and fully working is just as good :)

Stone

I was impressed with the Passat estate one on Quicky1980's car. The flushest fitting one I've yet seen. You're right though, the overall fit isn't perfect. Seals can be gappy (like Supercharged's teeth) and the glass panels can sit proud in some applications.

I have an Ibiza moonroof and it fits better than the Passat, in fact I'd say it's pretty close to the Corrado, I had a Passat moonroof in my old valver. If anything I'd like it to sit very slightly lower in the roof but can't get anymore adjustment, it's barely noticeable but I'm too picky. Maybe one day I'll shim the cassette down a touch.

ive been looking at an ibiza one but its a mk3, does it need to be off the mk2? also do you know if the whole cassette will fit or do i need another cassette and fit the ibiza roof in after it? theres tonnes of threads about this issue and ive seen lots of comments on them with folk saying "search"! but ive yet to find a thread that actually fully explains things :/

It was a 2000 year car and yes just swap the whole cassette over, on my car the blind is not the right colour but it's not far off. I believe a blind from a Golf Mk3 should fit, widens the choice of blind colours/pattern.

Ok, so I've listened to the comments and today I've brought a full cassette off a breaker on eBay which they say is off a 95/6 car and has been fully tested and all working spot on also with a 3 month warranty, unit comes with the motor, seals and switch gear, got it for just under 100 squid, dont know if that's pricey or not? My next question is this, are the pannels interchangeable on the oem roofs or am I going to have a tornado red roof on my twilight indigo lol, also I'm bearing in mind what people have said about the original units breaking due to lack of grease, is that right? I'd like to look after this one to keep it in service for the years to come!

Panels can be swapped over!

VW recommend special grease but it costs a small fortune! Part number G00045002 - A 90g tube is just under £30 :-/

jolly good :)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm i was thinking a bit of standard grease but maybe not, wonder if GSF do a similar jobbie