VAG-hag

alternator options.

Made a bit of a boob tonight and boke some bits inside my alternator.

Will any 70a vw unit fit or does anyone know which others cars alternators would suit a vr?. Also has anyone taken one apart successfully to paint them?

It was my understanding that vrs with no air con had 70a ones?

---------- Post added at 7:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:56 PM ----------

Or maybe storms with heated seats have 90s.......?

Anyone know if 70a will do?

Not sure buddy but your welcome to have a look at the collection at the weekend and see if there is one any good for you good chap

For info, from a scrappy I got a 120A unit from a Golf VR6. Straight swap for the 70A I had which probably should have been a 90A since I've got a dealer-fitted A/C setup - but you never know what those dealers were up to!

Cheers all. Im sure a 90 or 70 are fine as I dont run anything power hungry in the car, im just keen to know which will physically fit. There is one on ebay I have my beady eye on at the mo......

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

For info, from a scrappy I got a 120A unit from a Golf VR6. Straight swap for the 70A I had which probably should have been a 90A since I've got a dealer-fitted A/C setup - but you never know what those dealers were up to!

out of interest how much was that Neil?

Cost me £25 from Babington Car Spares in Leeds. Wasn't off the shelf so I turned up with a decent toolkit ;)

In the end I was saved by fuzzies shop of rados..... bosch 70 amp is working well. maybe usefull for someone.