ross k

satin alpine white 2.0 16v

hi guys ive just brought a corrado been wanting one for a while when a friend of a friend offered me this brought it for 300 pound. Its got a massive service history and has been resprayed audi alpine white satin but the inside is still blue so got to paint that .It came with paint also need the parcel shelf and headlining and the sunroof needs a new seal its a bit of a project but on the plus side it has new coilovers fitted an imobiliser with remote central locking hid headlights the windows etc all work and mot till august so overall happy let me know what you think

601632_471801312893175_1907484064_n.jpg

WP_000341.jpg

also when i brought it the guy said its been running rich hes didnt know to much about cars and theirs a pipe coming from the manifold with no pipe on it so theirs exhaust coming out in the engine bay should this pipe be blocked of or should it be attached thanks ross

Sounds like the pre-cat emissions testing pipe which should have a rubber bung on the top of it to stop any exhaust leaking out!

Car looks good for £300 - welcome to the forum!

thanks for that thought it should have a bung on would that effect the fuelling if its been missing for a while ?

thanks really chuffed it runs pretty sweet has stereo etc just missing a few small interior bits and its all blue but ill soon sort that anyone know what the wheels are

They *look* like BBS RC's but hard to tell because they're painted black and the pictures are quite small :)

yeh will get a better pic up so you can see better

---------- Post added at 9:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:57 PM ----------

DSC_0809.jpg

a better pic to give you an idea bad quality i know

right guys got a question for anyone painty the cars been painted in 2k with a matting agent in it to make it satin its pretty good but bit orange peely in places can i still flat the paint and polish it with the matting agent sorry for all the questions just want to make it look the best it can

been working on the car today the spoiler works but seems really slow are they normally quite slow got my sunroof seal so gonna fit that tommorow i was trying to find the sunroof wiring i found the switch in the boot but the guy i brought it of said the wiring is tucked behind the dash where does the wire for the sunroof start from thanks ross

also the heater is completley dead any idea any help would be great guys as rather new to corrados ive got a manual but it doesnt cover everything

You can't flat and polish satin paint or you'll finish up with shiney areas. With satin paint, the finish out of the gun is pretty much what you're left with.

ok thanks for the input guys i will strip and clean the mechanism while its all apart thanks ross

bit of an update managed to find the sunroof wiring fit a new seal and test the motor turns out it wasnt wired in because it has a different motor fitted so the looms need splicing together and investigated the heater issue but the car has an immobiliser problem and only lets me turn it over when it wants its really annoying when it does run its fine though checked the fan and that works overall productive day

How easy was it to change the seal? I will be doing mine soon. Did you have to remove the roof to do it or can it be done without removing the roof?

i removed just the sunroof not the mechanism four torx screws not to hard worst bit was pushing it on pretty tight but i dont have a headlining or anything in so didnt have to take that down first

Nice one. I have to remove the headliner etc. My biggest concern is getting the roof back on correctly. I believe it has to be 1mm lower in the front and 1mm higher in the rear. Have a guide luckily so once the weather improves I will have at it lol.

another update wired in the sunroof and got the heater working on all 4 settings turns out the previous owner had assembled the switch on top result nice cheap fix

right another update reasembled the dash and it no longer rattles everywhere put the door cards on properlly and found out its not an immbobiliser but a dodgy ignition switch

starting to realise how bad the paintwork is wondering what to do with it really but on the plus side all the electrics work now will get some pictures of it with my friends lupo soon

---------- Post added at 6:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:52 PM ----------

some much needed pictures the engine bay you see what i mean about the blue inside

corrado3.jpg

some of the car

corrado2a.jpg

corrado4.jpg

and some of it with my friends lupo where its kept

corrado5a.jpg

corrado1.jpg

let me know what you think

thanks yeh hes done a nice job pretty nippy to its the 1.4 sport i cant decide wether to keep the wheels black or respray them gunmetal grey sorted the deal for the headlining and interior trim i needed so its coming together nicely not sure if its a problem but when its cold it hunts when it idles and doesnt idle smooth its spot on once warm anyone got any suggestions

right been working on the car all day and knackered having sorted the electrics i set about the bodywork i couldn't deal with the orange peal paintwork anymore every time you run your hand over it it would get all the dirt stuck in it i decided to wet sand it after all cant look much worse and im very chuffed done one side and its turned out great really need to invest in a polisher no where near show finish but decent enough anyway heres some pics what you think.not bad i think for my first ever wet sanding session

see the difference didn't get round to the bonnet

corradopol1.jpg

corradopolished4.jpg

corradopolished2.jpg

corradopolished3.jpg

no i think it was sprayed inside but its not the best paint job think its got orange peal because it wasnt baked on thanks for the comment

more progress started the day by vaxing the carpet and passenger seat and i couldnt be happier the seat looks like new as do the carpets

radoseat4.jpg

radoseata.jpg

once they were done went over for some more wet sanding got the bonnet and boot done it went pretty well bonnets still a bit pitted but looks alot better than it did before also the paint at the top of the bonnet was very thin so you can see the primer a bit but not to bad but hoping to get the bonnet resprayed at some point anyway let me know what you think

radoseat2.jpg

radoseat3.jpg

radoseat5a.jpg