ross k

satin alpine white 2.0 16v

well two steps forward one step back bit of a negative day started of by taking the sunroof mech out worked out what was wrong and shortly after it broke it still tilts but doesnt slide then went to put the interor light in to find the wiring was wrong are mk1 and mk2 corrado lights different agter that gave up and went home

I did that when removing my headlining! It was working both tilt and slide before starting, after putting it back in, it tilts, but gets stuck sliding, and I've damaged the paint on the sunroof doing it! :censored:

Need to investigate that now as well!

The light/sunroof controls are different between early and late, but I don't know if they are interchangable or if the wiring is any different, sorry!

thats ok yeh i know their different now ive brought them lol and i did the same scratched the roof think im gonna change the whole lot for a glass one from a skoda gonna make a trip to the scrappys soon anyone got any ideas what the wheels are their 15 inch so not of an anniversary golf thinking about selling them but have no clue what they are thanks ross

Wheels look like Reps tbh. Take one off, should be stamped with Manufacturer, model and PCD on the back of the spoke somewhere.

ok will have a look tommorow thanks mate

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

right after some advice guys im a bit confused i have my sunroof wiring all intact now ive brought a mk1 light and sunroof switch and it doesnt seem to plug in now i am led to believe the late corrados have six wires coming from the motor but mine has three does this suggest i have a late car with early motor so what should i do change the motor or change the wiring thanks ross

update guys managed to vax the back seats yesterday the bottom part was disgusting but it came up so well really happy no stains so here are some before and after pics

vaxseat2.jpg

vaxseat1.jpg

and heres some pics of my other car a 998 mini which i spent two years restoring had whole new front end floor welded new a panels rear valence etc end full respray in ford imperial blue engine out wide wheels full steel flip front redone the whole interior in black and white vinyl made an oak dash and currently rebuilding the engine with a 1275 head and planning on running it on bike carbs

112.jpg

SAM_1446ed_numrem.jpg

SAM_1423.jpg

update painted the shut and sanded it back down ready for top coat also painted the engine bay so heres some pictures of before and after was only painted with a

brush i know not ideal but just want it one colour and gonna flat it hard and polish here some pics quite pleased with how they came out

engine bay before

corrado3-1.jpg

and now

enginebay1.jpg

and door shuts didnt take a before picture but was also that horrible purple and only done one so will show pics of the other ones

doorshut.jpg

let me know what you think

update fitted the new sunroof from a mk3 golf 20 pound well spent took a while to space it so it sits right its sticks up a bit in the middle but hardly noticeable and it all works and doesnt leak only thing is the spoiler doesnt come up you can put it up by hand but its a small problem considering it only cost 20 quid

sunroof.jpg

sunroof2.jpg

ow and know most people will hate this but i did it anyway nice cheap fix and works well

starterbutton.jpg

Not too many white Raddos out there from what I've seen. Good effort with the fettling, those wheels look excellent. Love the other cars you have caught in your photos..original Mini, VW Camper and the Lupo..are they all yours?

no haha the mini is mine spent two years restoring it brought it when i was 15 still have it and im building a fast road 998 with 1275 head morspeed cam and bike carbs.

The camper is just around the village i live occasionally has a porsche engine and is gorgeous and the lupos on of my mates 1.4 sport i keep the rado at his house yeh havent seen any rados in genral around kent really

went and got these today new rims paid 135 quid two new nexans and two nearly new nankangs two have just been powdercoated and two need powdercoating overall really happy except they rub on the shocks so need to work out the spacers for them

wheel2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

update done a bit more

got fed up with overspray everywhere so i cleaned that of

before

corradotrim.jpg

after

corradotrim2.jpg

also fitted a set of new rear lights brought in a job lots as three of mine were really crazed

newlights.jpg

also got a 50mm inlet with the job lot so i set about polishing it got around half way so far

inletmanifold.jpg

---------- Post added at 2:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:30 PM ----------

just realised its a 50mm inlet so not sure if i should change it after reading up what a waste of polishing

right update i touched all the chipped paint in a while ago then wet sanded the roof and the bumper aswell so heres some pics

the roof is still quite badly orange peely so was thinking about getting it vinyl wrapped black as i can get it done cheap by a friend what so we think ?

polishedroof.jpg

and a picture of the bumper

polishedbumper.jpg

its getting their so let me know what you think thanks ross

bit of an update wet sanded the wing and the door on the drivers side but sanded through two places as the paint seems so thin on this side fed up with this car to be honest the paints crap really orange peely it needs a respray which i cant afford i should stop being such a perfectionist and drive it just fed up with the paint and doubt it would be worth much if i were to sell

update after a down day the other day i figured whatever happens the cars probably worth more driving and since its got mot i might as well drive it even if their seems to be loads of really cheap better rados out their well today i painted the boot shut and drivers door shut so all the shuts are now white and getting the windscreen resealed this week then i can put the interior back in quite pleased with how its come out looks far better than before not perfect but presentable and some pics

before oldshut.jpg

after paintedshut.jpg

and the boot shut was the same

paintedshut2.jpg

Edited by ross k

update been working on the car all day and feel like im finally getting somewhere started of by sorting the rear sunroof drains this meant whipping the bumper of which i was suprised about how easy it was pics

vw1.jpg

once that was sorted i set about fitting the boot lid trim

vw3.jpg

then i fitted the boot carpet parcel shelf supports and parcel shelf also sorted the parcel shelf string with some white wire for the moment as a temporary measure but it doesnt look to bad

vw4.jpg

vw2.jpg

also refitted the corrado cill strips but forgot to take pics in the boot should their be trim over the part where you can still see the blue or do i need to paint it white thanks ross

well update decided to buy some cheap rims with tyres to bung on for now as the grey ones needed new wheels bolts and spacers and to be honest couldnt justify the extra 100 pound didn't like them that much .so now i can save for some nice ones so brought these for 60 pound and pretty happy only ones curbed and they have nearly new federal tyres on and they bolt straight on

DSC_1006.jpg

also put the back seats back in and its starting to look like a car again

interior.jpg

finally painted the spoiler black not sure but can always re paint it comments welcome

DSC_0998.jpg

looks smart. loads of work going on and the end result getting better all the time.

nice idea with spoiler, but not for me. maybe tint the rear lights ?

thanks nice to get a comment yeah would like to get all red rear lights but might get the spoiler sprayed white again when i get the bonnet done

update guys got the new wheels fitted and rather suprised i think they look quite good and at only 60 pound didnt cost alot so happy with them might paint them gun metal grey at a later date and got to space the fronts out because their just catching the suspension again also put the splitter on and back to blacked it this can be seen on the first picture

corradonewwheels.jpg

corradonewwheels1.jpg

wet sanded the rear spoiler and came up better than the paint on the car

corradonewwheels3.jpg

did a door membrane yesterday and fitted drivers door card got to do the other side today hope you like thanks ross

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

well update the bumper wasnt fitted properly so took it of after much swearing at stuck bolts

bumper1.jpg

once id removed it all looked a bit ripe underneath but the structual parts looked ok

bumper3.jpg

so rubbed it all down and gave it a good cover of hammerite

bumper4.jpg

also got all the interior back in and really happy with how its turned out nice and clean

bumper2.jpg

so its very nearly their what do we all think

update well the rado is pretty much done and should be on this week and brought it a leather interior for a bargain 160 pound with the centre console all window switches etc and only had to travel half an hour to get it what you reckon on it all in good nick only thing is the zip on the top of the centre armrest has gone and their early door cards so need to fill the window switch hole somehow

leatherinterior.jpg

leatherinterior3.jpg

leatherinterior2.jpg

well update the corrados been on the road for a couple of weeks and i had a nightmare at first as the car was undriveable i found out this was due to a wire coming out the back of the lambda sensor plug reconnected it and its been great ever since

took it for a 320 mile round trip and was getting 35mpg all the way at 70 which i think is pretty good for a valver and its put alot of smiles on my face just need a new exhaust now

right went camping the other day and took some decent pics of the car now its on the road what you reckon

finishedpic2.jpg

finishedpic5.jpg

finishedpic3.jpg

finishedpic1.jpg