clumpy1

Oettinger

Can anyone tell me anything about the Oettinger Corrado i have bought said grille and the guy i bought it from was asking me if i knew the value of Oettinger part's as he has a wooden steering wheel and gearknob from same car any info link's would be appreciated Thank you

James.

Hmmm i had a look at some image's with the grille in some it looked good i was drawn by the eyebrow not sure if he has any more of the bodykit cheer's Bill i knew you would find something related :ubergeek:

James.

i remember some years back when i was looking for my Corrado (around 2003/4) there was a silver 8v which had been similarly modified, now thinking back it may have had some of the Oettinger parts eg the grille. At the time i dont think it looked bad, but now it really doesnt suit the car at all. The pics in the forum thread do look nice though. Any ideas where this has gone?

Design-wise no, but Oettinger et al made some serious parts for Corrado's, like cylinderheads, cam covers, inlet manifolds and Recaro leather stuff as far as I remember.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thank's everybody so far keep it coming i can feel an Oettinger build coming on

ITS FUGLY!!!

like cosworth is to ford brabus is to merc Oettinger and nothelle are to vw!

Oettinger or osraka were responsible for converting beetles to twin port engines and disc brakes etc you see where were coming from!

Now oettinger made a twin cam 16v engine which was a fantastic thing and beautiful rocker covers fetch £600 on there own and they were also available for the rados to go along with the kit in fact you could buy whatever you fancied upgrade wise or just the steering wheel!

The pinnacle of oettingers achievements was the WBX6 engine (flat 6) which was vag funded operation and never put into production by Volkswagen but sold by oettinger in very small numbers the king of spain had one viscount Linley etc they cost £80,000 in 1985!

Now all that said and done oettingers look like fords compared with nothelle who were another tuning company for vw although there speciality was racing and cylinder head work they manufactured their own cams to the own designs and the brothers raced them successfully!

Make no mistake Oettinger stuff is sought after and expensive seems to be more available the other side of the pond but well cool!

I hope this helps!

PS I have a wbx6 van aswell (the only running one in the country)

Here we go heres a few pics I am an unashamed :cool: Oettinger and Nothelle whore

ethanchristeningvanfestisaacschool026.jpg

oettingerlights003_zps2545a88b.jpg

DSC03745.jpg

DSC03750.jpg

151011746.jpg

Edited by wbx6dan