Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Andy Brookes's Satin Silver VR6, its last journey...boohoo

Looking good Mr Brookes!

Quite annoyed I never got around to fitting the Turn2 CAI. :oops:

Glad your happy with the sports cat and your comment "The sports cat has definitely freed up some ponies, the engine just fells like it breathes more, Similar effect to one of those vic's stick's up ya nose!" is spot on. :lol:

Got used to the popping and crackling yet? :twisted:

BTW, for what its worth your car should be pushing past the 200bhp mark with that Sports Cat now. banana.gif

Looking very nice - well done that man 8)

Wanting to sell your CAI then Kieron? I'm thinking about getting another one again now seeing as though I'll be changing insurance companys, having trodden quite heavily down the modding pathway!!

I still think silver looks oh so gorgeous...........im sooooooooooo jealous :mrgreen:

car looks ace mate......to quote a classic.. lovin it lovin it lovin it

Wanting to sell your CAI then Kieron?

I did and I sold it to Andy above! :lol: :wink:

Swine! :lol:

Looking good Andi, If the vr turns out like the G60 your onto a winner, BTW i still wish i could of had that plate on the G60 when i brought it from you. If i lived in Gibralter, i'd have G 60 by now!!

Been fitting some new headlamp lenses today, what a difference they make, car looks so much fresher now. Also some further pics of the relocated carbon canister.

The wheels should be up for sale next week, as it looks like I might finally be getting my new wheels after a two month wait.

Cheers Andy

Got a call tonight to say my new wheels have finally made it to the UK.....yippee, ordered them on Jume the 4th would you believe! Pics coming soon hopefully.

Been fitting some new headlamp lenses today, what a difference they make, car looks so much fresher now.

Absolutely! Swapped mine out today.

Wait till you get some new indicators and fogs in there too :wink:

i like how youve relocated the CC, pitty the jet rad is so big i'd of dont that tomorrow after seeing that.

I have replaced all the lights except for one fog that was fairly new, you can still spot which is the odd one out though!

That rad is a monster in the jet mate, way bigger than the VR, I guess its because it has lhd factory aircon.

That car looks awesome!!! And the wheels really suite a silver corrado. Something to aspire to. I am at the beginning of the restoration process on my silver vr6, got a long way to go, but looking at your pictures, I know it will be worth it. New lenses make such a difference too, mine are really tired looking. Cheers

Sure am Kev, they would have cost me as much as the new ones in the long run! Glad they have approval from all. I'm very pleased with them, and glad they fitted well. Had visions of spacers and longer bolts.

Cheers Andy

Indeed..... they're rare over here, so you've got a pretty exclusive wheel there and I love chunky 5 and 6 spoke wheels on a Corrado :wink:

Look spot on mate, pop round at some point so I can have a proper butchers.

Now lose the side strips and get the handles and wing mirror edges painted silver! :)

Jay

cheers chaps, 17's but look bigger!

Job for the winter there Jay, along with getting the dodgy side sprayed, also colour coding the rear plate surround, maybe dropping the vw sign on the rear, smoothing over the hole for the rear windscreen wiper, rear tow hook deletion, and maybe a few other little tricks. Is you mate still spraying Jay??

May get chance to get my stereo gear in there before my wedding, but thats only 6 weeks away now!

Cheers Andy