winchbietch

Looking at moving to Peterbrough area

As above:

Looking at moving to Peterbrough or the surrounding area and interested in feedback of nice areas.

Ive looked over properties for rent on the net but didn't want to discount any areas without getting feedback

Alternatively anyone knowing of any places to rent with garages please pm me

Paul

Used to be in Peterborough but somewhere like Stamford is way nicer - depends what you're after really. Villages out oundle or oakham way are nice too...

Thanks man,

yeah looking for a nice village place ideally. Stamford , market deeping areas are where i have liked the look of so far..

Any places to stay well clear of in your opinion? - not really wanting to be concerned everytime i leave the rado outside the house.

Paul

Hey man

My brother moved into a flat in 'the hamptons' estate about 2 years ago. Now he's upgrading to a 3 floor town house in the same estate!

It's a really nice place actually!

Lived in Hampton for a bit but that was a fair few years back - never had any issues with the Corrado there but LOTS of speed humps! Plus depends if you like new builds or not - personally I prefer old buildings so Hampton not really for me as the whole place is only about 10 years old!

Market Deeping is nice - was living there with a mate for 3 months whilst I was waiting for my house purchase to go through, but if I had the choice I'd probably go for Stamford over Market Deeping as there's a bit more going on there but still has a small town feel. I wouldn't go out to the east of Peterborough, mainly because the landscape is far too (pancake) flat for my liking! Oundle where I am currently is a really nice market town but a bit quieter than Stamford...

Peterborough itself varies as any city does - I lived in Fletton for 6 years with the Corrado street parked and the only issue I had was a towbar dent in the front bumper, but then you'd risk that anywhere you're street parked!

Anyway, good luck with the search!

I live in Stamford. Never had an issue with leaving the car outside the house, house mates never has an issue with their mk2's and other mates never had issues with corrados, boras, s4. Stamford is more upper class than peterborough is (not trying to sound snobby lol) Lovely town and is a 15mim drive down the a1 into Peterborough. Great scenery around it. Stamford has a classic car show on the meadows every year, burghley house is here too which hosts a massive horse trials every year, rutland water is a short drive too which is real nice and great to cycle round. I moved here from Peterborough, lived in Yaxley before which is 2mins from Hampton...speed bumps there are a pain!! Quicky1980 used to live in Hampton but now lives in deeping st Nicholas. There's a few of us local :-)

Ideal, thanks for that.

Stamford did look pretty nice when we had a nose about the other week.

Now just the joyous task of the move.

Ahhhhh yeah how could I forget that! It's on the front of the Stamford living magazine.

I rent through w&m lettings, they were pretty useless!!