VRSICK

Sun visor bulb....

The passenger side sun visor bulbs need replacing as they don't work. I have taken the bulbs out and did abit of shopping around in my local area and on the bay but can't seem to find any..!

Any1 know where to purchase these from?

Cheers

Edited by VRSICK

Oh ok lol thanks peeps! I will give TPS a call after the bank holiday period. I hope it hasn't been discontinued lol

Rang up TPS today and got told they don't do just the bulbs, you've gota purchase the whole sun visor which is now obsolete....charming! Lol

Any other recommendations welcome.... :-)

Easier to assume everything is obsolete now when it comes to Corrado's, just found out G60 power steering belts are now obsolete, as are bonnet cables , brake master cylinders , power steering pumps and many of the other items I've had to replace recently.

Interested to know how you get on as looks like one of mine has failed too

Blimey, how often do you use the vanity mirrors? Neither of mine blew over 9 years / 140K :)

Easier to assume everything is obsolete now when it comes to Corrado's, just found out G60 power steering belts are now obsolete, as are bonnet cables , brake master cylinders , power steering pumps and many of the other items I've had to replace recently.

Power steering belt! FFS, that's just ridiculous. I have no idea why we are so loyal to VW. You can still get belts for Mercs and BMWs dating back to the 70s!!

Bull****!

I ordered just the bulbs! Cost about 2.5 pound each.

Partnumber: N 90469701

M12V3W

Tell your tired mechanic that he need to shape up.

Got hold of the bulbs and fitted them today. Still no sign of operation...!!

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Bull****!

I ordered just the bulbs! Cost about 2.5 pound each.

Partnumber: N 90469701

M12V3W

Tell your tired mechanic that he need to shape up.

I had some incompetent sales rep initially at the other end of the phone at TPS but managed to get them ordered (even though it stated none in the country) when i went to pick up my service parts and engine mounts and finally got them today but still don't seem to be operational. Had to wait 3 days for a pair of bulbs

You mean they don't work??

Can't be a fuse as other lights would be dead too but I would check/ re-seat the plug above the headlining (just unscrew the visor to pull down)

Got hold of the bulbs and fitted them today. Still no sign of operation...!!

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I had some incompetent sales rep initially at the other end of the phone at TPS but managed to get them ordered (even though it stated none in the country) when i went to pick up my service parts and engine mounts and finally got them today but still don't seem to be operational. Had to wait 3 days for a pair of bulbs

Get multi meter on the terminals mate see if you had power.

When I was fitting new switches to my visors I'd noticed all the solder joints had broken.

Agree, get a meter on it to make sure you have the 12V there. If you need any soldering, just end up and i'll sort it out for you.

Get multi meter on the terminals mate see if you had power.

When I was fitting new switches to my visors I'd noticed all the solder joints had broken.

Will check this defo

Cheers :-)

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Agree, get a meter on it to make sure you have the 12V there. If you need any soldering, just end up and i'll sort it out for you.

Cheers for your input :-)

Are those bulbs like some of the other bulbs on the interior and you have to put them in the correct way round? I changed my interior bulb and it didnt work. A mate suggested i turned it round and hey presto I had light in my cab again :)

Are those bulbs like some of the other bulbs on the interior and you have to put them in the correct way round? I changed my interior bulb and it didnt work. A mate suggested i turned it round and hey presto I had light in my cab again :)

That doesn't make sense as they're not handed, just a simple filament bulb with no polarity. I would defiantly check the slide switch, mine had 'aged' inside causing the slider to not make contact. I have also found some LED bulbs on eBay that fit.

Matt

Tbh I did try flipping it around and it made no difference. Still didn't work.

I think I will need to start thinking outside the box like some of peeps have recommended. It's a shame though coz purchasing these bulbs wasn't an easy task. :-(