Marshall936

Removing front headliner trim

Does anyone have a trick for removing the long trim that attaches the front of the headliner to the roof without damaging it? Seems to be very well attached and not willing to budge!

Cheers!

Good luck with this one, I've found it to be THE hardest piece of trim to remove.

There are metal clips along it's length about 6" apart. These aren't too much of a problem, it's the windscreen adhesive that is but this only applies if the windscreen has been replaced during the cars life. You might be lucky and find no adhesive stuck to it.

The knack I've found is to work your way from one end and when you feel resistance then this may be the adhesive which you will need to very carefully cut through with a sharp Stanley knife. Be patient as the trim is easily broken.

I was dreading a reply like this lol, think i may be saved as the buyer of the headliner has found his still attached thankfully! Top info for when i actually need to get it off and sell it though!

I removed one not long ago without bother in just a few minutes. It was only afterwards i heard on here its an easy broken item.

Perhaps i got lucky, there was a little residue from window bond but the tool i used was a decent sized flat blat screw driver, as said above work steadily from one side to the other.

I just got the flat blade in near were the clips were and tapped it out towards the screen using a small hammer or my hand. Don't be eager when near the end to rush, keep it steady and you should be fine.

Some clips came with some stayed behind but can easily be got hold of.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Good luck with this one, I've found it to be THE hardest piece of trim to remove.

There are metal clips along it's length about 6" apart. These aren't too much of a problem, it's the windscreen adhesive that is but this only applies if the windscreen has been replaced during the cars life. You might be lucky and find no adhesive stuck to it.

The knack I've found is to work your way from one end and when you feel resistance then this may be the adhesive which you will need to very carefully cut through with a sharp Stanley knife. Be patient as the trim is easily broken.

x 2 for sure they are really delicate

Some clips came with some stayed behind but can easily be got hold of.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

I thought the clips were obsolete?