jonny_ash

Vibratechnics Engine Mounts (Worth The Money?)

Hi.

Mr front engine mount is completely buggered so I'm looking at replacing it.

Are the Vibratechnics ones worth the money in everyones opinion for a standard 2L 16v?

Can get a febi one for approx £35 incl vat delivered and Vibratechnics are approx £150 ish.

Just thought I'd gauge opinion before I go gung ho and buy it then realise it offers very little benefit for a standard 2L 16v

Cheers

John

Whatever you decide, I certainly wouldn't go for a pattern part when it comes to engine mounts and bushes. Have heard of patterns failing pretty quickly.

I'd go VT or standard VW.

Cheers for the input guys. Don't suppose anyone knows ballpark cost tor OEM front mount? Can't see it being massively cheaper than VT

Cheers for the input guys. Don't suppose anyone knows ballpark cost tor OEM front mount? Can't see it being massively cheaper than VT

It isn't hence why people fit VT's

If you have a VR6 don't even think about putting a pattern mount on unless you have a spare bonnet ready to fit!

Not sure how much benefit it would give to a 16v, but it is the best mod I've ever made to my VR - really tightens up the front end.

Hello, was thinking of changing my front mount on VR6, old one looks past best but no totally gone. I've got a brand new left rear VW one in garage, obviously bottoms or different but is top and insert the same, i.e. could I use it, was thinking would prefer VW on than a pattern one, which you've just confirmed. Would be easy enough to remove but looks like good chance top bolt would shear removing it, fine if the rear one fits, but not if got to order decent one from somewhere.

Well, I took the plunge and got one. Fitted in about an hour last night and I can safely say I'm a pretty happy chap. I don't know how it would compare to a new OEM front mount but I'm well chuffed with it. My mount had completely fallen to bits, the top bolt and plate were just rattling around and not far from failing altogether I reckon so it must have been deteriorating for a while. I'm struggling to think back to when my car felt so good to drive, if ever!