VR6Pete

Vehicle Speed Sensor (G68)

Hi There, since my OBD2 upgrade, I've got this fault, I think its just a small wiring issue, but I'm just wondering if the active spoiler takes an input from this sensor to raise the spoiler at 55MPH? The reason I ask is because it currently doesn't raise, but works fine off the switch.... Thanks.

I beleive the spoiler speed control is generated of the speedo itself and not from the vss

I assume the speedo itself works ok?

100% manual, I knew the car it came from :)

It the two are not related in anyway way then I know I may need a spoiler module possibly?

100% manual, I knew the car it came from :)

It the two are not related in anyway way then I know I may need a spoiler module possibly?

And the ECU? Just I thought that sensor was auto only but maybe it is the one on the gearbox - maybe worth cleaning / reseating the connection

00281 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (G68)

03-00 - No Signal

Is the exact error code, Vince sent me a possible fix that involved joining two wired behind the fuse box, but I just wanted to know is it worth getting a spoiler module if the two are unrealted issues :)

Sound to me that you do have 2 problems

the vss is not connected to the engine ecu giving you the error message, join the wires as vince says

and the spoiler system module may not be working

The vss must be working for the speedo to be working

Ok great, if it sounds like 2 different problems, then I'll look into buying a new spoiler module, just didn't want to waste time / effort on a module if it took the input from the vss.

Pete, do you have the info that Vince sent you still by any chance? I've got an error code of implausible signal with my VSS. My speedo works fine, but my spoiler doesn't go up automatically despite changing the control module and checking stereo wiring. Cheers mate.

Hi, i know this is an old post but I'm having the same fault. What is this possible fix involving the two wires?

Thanks