Sign in to follow this  
Blair

G60 Valuation

I'll be looking to sell my G60 in the next couple of months and possibly move up to a VR6.

However, I have no idea what sort of price to ask - hopefully some kind souls out there can help ;)

It's a 1992 J-plate facelift G60 in Moonlight Blue Pearl (most people think it's black)

Just done 100,000 miles

Full service history except for one early one, all VW or BRMotorsport

It has picked up a couple of minor scrapes which I'm having sorted at a local bodyshop - a decent one, recommended by mates - so should be mint (having both doors & rear 1/4 panels painted, the front bumper blown in & the whole car mopped).

Totally standard except for clear side repeaters.

Rebuilt charger by BRMotorsport at 64,000 miles

Minor kerbing on the standard BBS alloys but nothing drastic.

Exhaust is rattling a bit so I'd get that sorted first as well.

All headlamps, foglights and indicators are in one piece with no cracks!

Interior is good, minor marks and a small cigarette burn on the rear seat but fine apart from that.

Any ideas?

Valuations are also based on "options" fitted to the car, e.g. leather trim, air con, CD player etc etc.

(Interestingly the adjustable steering column was a £97 option on the original cars.. So how come they're £537 now?)

Pictures would help a great deal also..

Cloth trim but full electric kit - sunroof, windows & wing mirrors (which need sorting as the switch has stopped working).

It also has ABS, and the adjustable steering column.

Stereo is a Sony minidisc unit.

No point posting pictures until the bodywork has been sorted, but it will be excellent.

I thought the facelifted G60's were the last few K-platers to leave the factory? Or is this another example of the workers at Karmann using the first bits they could get their hands on? £4500 seems like a fair price but it depends on what the person buying it wants to pay really. If they really want a standard car (blank canvass) then they might pay a little more for it. It all depends on the buyer. Remember that it will be due a charger rebuild very soon thought and that should be taken into account when pricing.

I reckon with averageish miles, standard car, due a charger rebuild now, that this G60 is worth £3500, also be interested to see how a J plate G60 can have the facelifted bits e.g. bonnet, interior heater control dials etc. The K plate G60 I broke a year ago had the facelifted parts and it was a late K plate. Maybe biggrims right, Karmann factory workers raiding parts bins,

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

General forum for this, seeing as though you're only after a valuation.....

Cheers VR6.

As for the "facelift" - there were two distinct facelifts:

One occurred in late '91/early '92. Corrados got the 4-slat grille, bulged bonnet, later design bumpers with fliush indicators & fogs. I've seen a lot of J-plate G60s with this facelift.

The second occurred in '93 I think - this time the changes were limited to the interior I believe, with different door cards & speaker pods with the electric windows switches moved down to the pods, the rotary heater controls and updated switchgear. It may have also been the same time the VR6 got the smaller front spoiler as well (mine's still got the full-size one).

Thanks for the input so far :)

Cheers VR6.

As for the "facelift" - there were two distinct facelifts:

One occurred in late '91/early '92. Corrados got the 4-slat grille, bulged bonnet, later design bumpers with fliush indicators & fogs. I've seen a lot of J-plate G60s with this facelift.

The second occurred in '93 I think - this time the changes were limited to the interior I believe, with different door cards & speaker pods with the electric windows switches moved down to the pods, the rotary heater controls and updated switchgear. It may have also been the same time the VR6 got the smaller front spoiler as well (mine's still got the full-size one).

Thanks for the input so far :)

Must've been after mine but my mate's K-plater is the same as mine is. Ah well, it's got the late stuff on it and it doesn't really matter how it got there really, does it?

Good luck with the sale mate 8)

Mine's only the FIRST facelift version with the exterior changes but without the heater controls & switchgear update.

Maybe your mate's K-reg was first registered a couple of years after it was made? A mate of mine had a mini that was 5 years older than its number plate suggested because it had been used as a runabout on an RAF base :)