andyhudson

tank straps

I'm after some tank straps, not bothered about condition as long as there in one piece and to shape as I'm making some stainless ones using these to work to.

Cheers andy

Forgot to say for a 70ltr vr6

Edited by andyhudson

Got some, will have a look at condition after work and let you know if they come off in one piece, already taken tank off so should come off easily enough. Steve.

Top man Billcor,

I might buy some of these as mine are rusted badly.

Nice one, cheers.

Si :thumbleft:

As mentioned above these are for the smaller tank. I've emailed the guy to ask him if he will do them for the VR for the same price and he has advised that its dependant upon quantity. He has not come back to me on the price but if we have a larger number i'll see if we can get a better price from him.

Yeah, I knew they were for the smaller tank as I have previously contacted the guy, just stuck the link up for the OP as he didn't state which size he needed, 55 or 70litre

OK great. did he say if he would do any for the 70L tank and if so an indicative price?

Thanks for the link but I'm not payoing for stainless ones when I can make them for free. Just need some to copy off as I don't want to have to take mine off car yet

OK great. did he say if he would do any for the 70L tank and if so an indicative price?

It was a few months ago when I was looking for a set, I actually didn't get an answer from him, I managed to get a set of decent oem ones and got them powdercoated

Thanks for the link but I'm not payoing for stainless ones when I can make them for free. Just need some to copy off as I don't want to have to take mine off car yet

No worries mate, didn't know if you were making them yourself or having them made, you still haven't said which tank the straps are for, 55 or 70litre?

Mine are a 16v set by the sounds of it they won't be the same.

As above!

Sorry, I'm after 70ltr as I have a Vr6. Yeah ill have the£ laser cut and then shape them myself as im a fabby

The 70 litre tanks were also on the late 16v cars

Get some pics up when they are done, you might get a few orders :thumbleft:

glad to know you're sorted. Spoke to the chap and he will do a set in 304 stainless for £35 posted for the VR tank. Ideally he would like around 10 and it will take about 2 weeks to do.

If anyone is interested i'll get in touch with him again. Mods please advise if this should be moved to a new thread. Thanks.

glad to know you're sorted. Spoke to the chap and he will do a set in 304 stainless for £35 posted for the VR tank. Ideally he would like around 10 and it will take about 2 weeks to do.

If anyone is interested i'll get in touch with him again. Mods please advise if this should be moved to a new thread. Thanks.

I know of 2/3 people that could be interested in this