VR-Sixy

Changing The Rear Wiper Motor

Has any one done this? Just trying to get a feel of how complicated (or not!) a job

this is? Have a new motor on the way from a seller off Fleabay, and i'm going to

attempt it at the weekend (weather permitting). Cheers! :cool:

It's a fiddley job but take your time and try to relax a bit and you'll be ok :) the key is to not rush as you need to take a fair few bits off to get to it so take a few pictures as you go too.

I removed this from my last C and was a bit fiddly! but as kip says just take your time and it'll wriggle out eventually..

I think I followed a guide of how to do it on here and was really helpful and clear! Only took about half an hour but I didn't put a motor back in, just removed it and plonked a bung in the hole.

Good luck :)

Ben

Thanks guys, appreciate your collective input. I'll give it my best shot on Saturday if it isn't tipping it down!!

Cheers!! :)

I'm no mechanic (.....) but managed this ok. It's just a bit tricky cos the spoiler motor is there as well. There is a guide somewhere on this forum but you wil be ok

I'm in favour of removing it personally, the spoiler catches the dirt nicely and improves visibility out the back...

Fairly easy to do but slightly awkward due the the position - sitting on the boot and also wriggling it past the spoiler mech.

One thing you need to be carefull with and maybe take pics is the wiring - it's not well insulated so much go back exactly where it was to prevent issues / shorting in the future.

Worth also having some spray wax handy to re-cavity wax the inside of the tailgate.

I found the guide to remove it in the wiki thingummybob. Thanks for the further comments Super-Mod re the wiring and spray wax.

All info greatfully received. Cheers! :)