P3rks

Teves 20 upgrade - Wiring help...

Hello,

I am in the process of fitting a Teves 20 ABS system (from a late 97 Golf VR6) into my late 1993 Corrado VR6

It's all plumbed in, it's just wiring at the fusebox side of things which I'm getting confused with.

There are essentially 4 wires coming from the ABS system to the fusebox which then splits a little. So there are 6 wires in total.

Here are the 4 wires coming from the ABS looms ECU connection to the fusebox. These have been physically traced and also confirmed with wiring diagrams.

grey/white - Pin 16

grey/white - Pin 13

black/red - Pin 12

black/yellow - Pin 23

Now, at the fusebox side of things;

grey/white (Pin 16) - Goes to fusebox plug W2 which I believe is for the ABS warning light?

grey/white (Pin 13) - Is the diagnostic connector which goes to the diagnostic block behind the centre console?

black/red (Pin 12) - Goes to fusebox plug W4 which is connected to the brake light switch - There is also a same coloured wire coming out at the W4 connection going to a single female teminal.

black/yellow (Pin 23) - Now I think this goes to fusebox plug D7 (via a single terminal I believe) which is an ignition live.

Connected to the W plug is a blue/white wire (W1) which is a VSS feed and plugs into the VSS block.

Now here is where it gets confusing for me..

black/red not only goes from ABS Pin 12, to W4 but also from W4 to a single female terminal. On the wiring diagram (see below) it goes to a signal point terminal T1 - but what is T1 and where does it come from? I can't find it on any diagram I've found. What kind of feed is it?

Also, on the wiring diagram; black/yellow goes from ABS Pin 23 to a terminal (TV18) which then goes to D3 and D7. I believe both D3 and D7 are ignition lives. Do I need two feeds or will just one suffice? My original ABS system took the ignition feed direct from D7.

Hello,

I am in the process of fitting a Teves 20 ABS system (from a late 97 Golf VR6) into my late 1993 Corrado VR6

It's all plumbed in, it's just wiring at the fusebox side of things which I'm getting confused with.

There are essentially 4 wires coming from the ABS system to the fusebox which then splits a little. So there are 6 wires in total.

Here are the 4 wires coming from the ABS looms ECU connection to the fusebox. These have been physically traced and also confirmed with wiring diagrams.

grey/white - Pin 16

grey/white - Pin 13

black/red - Pin 12

black/yellow - Pin 23

Now, at the fusebox side of things;

grey/white (Pin 16) - Goes to fusebox plug W2 which I believe is for the ABS warning light?

grey/white (Pin 13) - Is the diagnostic connector which goes to the diagnostic block behind the centre console?

black/red (Pin 12) - Goes to fusebox plug W4 which is connected to the brake light switch - There is also a same coloured wire coming out at the W4 connection going to a single female teminal.

black/yellow (Pin 23) - Now I think this goes to fusebox plug D7 (via a single terminal I believe) which is an ignition live.

Connected to the W plug is a blue/white wire (W1) which is a VSS feed and plugs into the VSS block.

Now here is where it gets confusing for me..

black/red not only goes from ABS Pin 12, to W4 but also from W4 to a single female terminal. On the wiring diagram (see link below) it goes to a signal point terminal T1 - but what is T1 and where does it come from? I can't find it on any diagram I've found. What kind of feed is it?

Also, on the wiring diagram; black/yellow goes from ABS Pin 23 to a terminal (TV18) which then goes to D3 and D7. I believe both D3 and D7 are ignition lives. Do I need two feeds or will just one suffice? My original ABS system took the ignition feed direct from D7.

The wiring diagram I borrowed from rubjohnnys vault (thanks RJ) See here:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_V9-6xfgGlINzhhM2IyNmItOWRhZS00MzBkLTk2MTEtNGIyZDFmMDg0NWM2/edit?hl=en_GB&docId=0B_V9-6xfgGlIM2QyZTkyNTMtMGNjZS00NDAyLWExN2YtNGQ3NTA2NjYxYzli

Finally, the ABS light. I can't use the Golf item because it physically won't fit. Can I some how get the original Corrado ABS light to work - I can't get my head around that wiring at all. I have been told a late Passat B4 one with the associated loom works but they are impossible to find - so if any guru can help me out in this department would be awesome.

Yep, I've already been in contact with him, but he can't remember the specifics. :(

Rich - the Corrado ABS light will not work, end of. It's a completely different design. Can you post up a picture of the Golf ABS light?

Rich - the Corrado ABS light will not work, end of. It's a completely different design. Can you post up a picture of the Golf ABS light?

Here you go...

null-17.jpg~original

null-15.jpg~original

The Golf light internals are much wider, they won't fit the Corrado housing at all - It possibly might fit with me hacking the casing up, something I'm reluctant to do.

On another note, it's all wired up and working (albeit a faulty rear sensor). The golf light works as it should. but the Corrado one just stays on constantly; dimly too.

I purchased a Passat B4 light from eBay with the required loom, part number: 3A0 919 235A - But it operates in the exact same way as the Corrado light, so I'm guessing I've got the wrong; early style Passat light? What you guys think?. The late style ABS lights are impossible to find.

Originally Posted by EnthusiastOwned™

black/red not only goes from ABS Pin 12, to W4 but also from W4 to a single female terminal. On the wiring diagram (see below) it goes to a signal point terminal T1 - but what is T1 and where does it come from? I can't find it on any diagram I've found. What kind of feed is it?

Hi have you sorted this?

From my experiences of wiring diagrams Terminal 1 refers to the primary ignition coil, negative terminal - the wiring diagram you have posted a link for does not work for me so i cannot read the diagram to confirm if terminal 1 is the coil negative.

if you have other terminal numbers such as;-

30 = Battery positive

15 = Ignition positive

31= Battery negative

then the chances are terminal 1 may be the ignition negative - please make sure you are certain before trying to connect as i wouldn't want you to damage any other components due to the back EMF caused by the coil when running.

otherwise i hope this helps.