Gaz1978

Hi, and by the way I want a VR6!

Hi folks

Have signed up here since I'm on the hunt for a Corrado VR6. (Wanted ad already posted in classifieds)

I've lusted after these cars ever since I was buzzin around on my DT50 and my mates dad bought a brand new VR6 on an L plate.

Funny how anyone that knows anything about cars that I've mentioned it to has nodded approvingly and said words to the efect of 'awesome!'.

This of course doed not include my wife, who is accusing me of having a premature mid life crisis...

Gaz

Good luck with the search man . You won't be disappointed!!

I take it your wife isn't into her cars then... Lol

Ben

Good luck buddy. Incase you havnt seen it there is a buyers guide on here that is a great source oh info and then some.....

Good luck gaz, my tip would be to direct you to the clasdifieds where the cars there will have been looked after by enthusiasts who would want their car to go to a fellow enthusiast. There is a vr6 there in west Yorkshire for £1950 which was very well looked after by its owner. Most importantly the heater matrix has been changed which saves you a ton of work or a pile of money. All the best and welcome to the club!

Might be putting my 95 VR up with 80k on the clock.

Let me know if you want some info

Cheers Johnny

OK so I bought a VR6 Storm... and lovin it already!

Dropped on lucky really, wasn't looking for a storm, but dark green with cream leather and 105k on the clock, it had to be given a look in despite 4 hour drive to get there. Long story, but wifey was not amused one bit, but has since admitted, "its nicer than I thought it would be", she hasn't been out in it yet;o)

Have confirmed it's pedigree with my local VW dealer who I know through work, he's confirmed it's a very late VIN, and listed on VW's system as 'VR6 special edition'.

So it needs a little bit of work, but negotiated a good price. It's had lupo wiper conversion, headlight loom upgrade, adjustable koni's, stailess pipe, K&N, and fuel regulator, otherwise standard and everything works, well almost.

Sunroof was working fine but now has an intermittent electrical fault, takes a few switch throws to close. Other than that, and the smell of cigarettes, the interior is mint. ABS needs a new sensor, light was on when viewed but had a good diag tool handy. New set of brakes and the wheel speed sensor picked up from Euro's today so job for the weekend. I entered into the spirit of classic car owenship a bit earlier than hoped though, bloody coolant hose split on the M6, 1.5 hours from home, 11pm. Managed to limp her to services but they had sod all for sale that was any help. The split hose was a pig to get to, but managed to blag a lego keyring torch, a breadknife, pair of pliers and a watering can. After 2 hours of blood and sweat we were back on the road. As soon as we were in familiar territory, she got a sound spanking and all the negative thoughts were replaced by a large grin! Anyway, nuff rambling.