holeinmk1

anyone recommend anywhere to get numberplates?

as title, looking to replace my plates. after pressed metal but old u.k style. anyone help? preferably online.

​Tom

yeah i've heard of them before never used bit have heard good things about dubmeister

I was looking on ebay but always unsure about using ebay for stuff like this. after old chales wright font really(the kind of font a corrado would have had new).

​lets see what others have to say...

yes, I would like to have plates with the original font too but I assumed that only the new style would be supplied nowadays. Hope I'm wrong!

i did manage to find a place that did them with the old font a couple of years back but can't remember the name? Had them on old silver corrado, however they never looked quite right (it was more the spacing than anything).

​i would'nt mind the new font, just would prefer the old font if possible.

I'm thinking about some pressed aluminium plates for my Raddo. A company called Framptons still produce them for pre 2001 cars.

http://www.pl8s.co.uk/ReflectiveDuoPlate.html

Apparently the letter size on pre 2001 is slightly larger and I don't think anyone makes these in the acrylic plates.

Edited by MarkR

think Dubmeister are supposed to be pretty good. I'm about to get another set and was going to use them but I'll now wait and see who else is recommended on this thread!

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/webshop/uk-legal-pressed-metal-plates/

Yes use Dubmeister, I did and they are great and 100% legal.

egegatyg.jpg

syha3ete.jpg

Edited by Johnny H

my current pressed plates are from Framptons but the white part is peeling from the front plate now, hence I was thinking of trying somewhere else. I've had them for about 5 years I think and received good service when I bought them. I remember they arrived very quickly.

Dubmeister plates are excellent if you want 100% guaranteed legality.

I've also bought four sets of pressed plates from Framptons for various vehicles - their best is as good as Dubmeister for quality, they have a slightly nicer border IMO and no manufacturer information at all (which makes them illegal, strictly, but I've never been pulled in 2 years of wearing them). However as they make them by hand, the quality is slightly more variable. I've had one which was stamped too hard and the central part of an 'A' was pierced all the way through the plate (and fell out). I've had two out of the eight that delaminated slightly, but both after the plate was rammed into something! Customer service is simply superb though, I sent them a picture of my faulty plate and a new one was in the post within the hour at no extra cost. They're also significantly cheaper than Dubmeister, you can use one of several fonts - I have the old UK font on mine - and they are very open to novel combinations of features and sizes, resulting in plates that more paranoid places would refuse to supply. They are also flexible on required documentation and how it's supplied, and delivery is incredibly quick.

In short, I only got a set of Dubmeister ones as they were cheap at a show and I knew my Framptons plates will be irreperably bent when I remove them from the bumpers for respraying. I'd have absolutely no qualms ordering from them again.

Stone

PS: Fay - did you let them know about the peeling? They may well do you a discounted replacement.

Ordered some today. will post up pics when they arrive. Bit the bullet and did it through ebay, good feedback though and the design i wanted . the proof however is in the pudding...

Just had a look at these mate in description they say they are 100% road/mot legal then at bottom of page say they are for off road/show use :scratch: So are they legal?

They have all numbers. So I'd say road legal

Prob saying that to get round the fact that he don't have to ask for id

Not sure about that i was led to believe that they could no longer be made from metal I have some pressed one's on mine at the minute that were made by G-werks but they are pressed plastic not metal tho they look like metal.