Sign in to follow this  
kvwloon

Paintless Dent Repairers at Inters....?

Just managed to get it done locally after all with Dent Devils, through a friend of a friend. Bloody superb job, much happier now :D

I can't recommend Dent Devils highly enough, although as dazzyvr6 says they are a franchise so only as good as the skills of the guy you get. Luckily the Dent Devils guy in Norwich is one of the top ranked in the country. I would give Dent Devils a call at their base in Colchester on 01206 751536 and ask for the contact no. of the guy nearest to Cambridge, or try http://www.dentdeviils.co.uk. I think it's about £50 mark per dent. Well worth it though!

kvwloon, Where were your dents :?: I have a couple right on the centre crease line on my passenger door,looks a right mess,wonder if they could do anything for me :?:

TOO HOT - That's exactly where mine was too, wish I'd taken a before and after picture. Totally perfect now, was a mess too before, exactly the same place as you describe and quite sharp dent too, can't see a thing now! :D

Watch to make sure they heat the area first though to avoid cracking the paint. That's what Dent Devils did this time and it's perfect, a few years ago I had some independant non-franchised cowboys do my other door at North Weald and they didn't do a good job at all, didn't heat the paint, and cracked the paint so need to get it sprayed in the near future.

Dent Devils or similiar will see you right I reckon.

Funny thing is they all say the C can be a hard one to do because it's so solidly built, which is nice.

kvwloon, Excellent thats just what I wanted to hear,will be getting something done when I get back from inters :D

dubster82 had a few dents taken out by whoever was at INTERS last year worked out to be approx £40 and IIRC that was including fist-sized dent in his door along with a couple of other minor dents........well worth the money

I filled out an online form for dent devils yesterday and the guy phoned me today. Said its between £40 - £75 per panel depending on the size and type of dent. He's coming to look at mine at my work on tuesday for a quote and will carry out the work there and then if i agree.

good service so far!

Do these prices cover the time taken for the Dent bloke to remove interior panels? If so, offer to remove them yourself for a price reduction - £40 to £75 per panel is rather alot, what if you've got say 1 dent on the each door and 1 dent on each quarter panel.......loadsa dosh :(

True, but stil much better than loads of re-spraying and all the hassle that can lead on from that. I'd much rather a quick and easy dent removal any day to new paintwork. Personally I reckon it's a reasonable cost on balance, especially when you see the near instant results.

I'm not disagreeing with dent removal but trying to find a way of bringing the cost.

I guess it depends on how many dents you have. I just have the one so i dont mind paying for them to do a complete job and as has been said...its cheaper than stripping, filling and spraying.

i'll let you know the outcome

I'm not disagreeing with dent removal but trying to find a way of bringing the cost.

Of course, no worries :) , it's just that I've had so many hassles in the past with 'Insurance Approved' Bodyshops doing bad spraying, I'd do almost anything to avoid paintwork!

I used Axi-dent call: 07816666046- who I think came to inters last year but the do all the work for my local VW garage and he charged me £100 for the whole car and I had a annoying sharp dent on the roof which is now supersmooth and also about 3 on each door on the crease line!

Super job!!

Can they remove dents on the crease line AND make a good job of it? I've never had or seen dents removed so don't know.

Yep! Definitely mate - have no worries - after they did mine you would have NEVER known there was a dent. What's more, they didnt even need to remove the door card to do it! I know that Dent Devils and Dentmaster told me they couldnt do dents on creases..... God knows why!

Can they remove dents on the crease line AND make a good job of it? I've never had or seen dents removed so don't know.

That's what Dent Devils did on mine yesterday, nasty but typical Corrado dent right on the door crease line, and it's perfect now :) !