holeinmk1

Golf mk3 anniversary bbs splits?

Hi was wondering if anyone knows if these wheels are proper splits or fake splits?

​Think they were offered on the mk3/maybe 4?

Also any pics of these on your corrado?

Tom

Thats the ones lol. they look good and fill the arches fair well.

I like them because they have an O.E look about them.

​Cheers for that!

I have them on mine now, see:http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?50830-1994-Dark-Burgundy-Pearl-VR6/page7 and #62

Ian.

There are two versions. Mk4 were 6.5in and Mk3's were 7in. 6.5in are more common. Generally corroded around the rim and bolts and the bolts can be a mare to get out if you want to split. There nice when done right.

yeah they look smart on. so ideally 6.5 up front, 7 in the back. but what would be the chances of finding a set like that?

seen a set of 17'' too, expensive though. Think i might start looking for a decent set to replace the d90's.

Most of the sets that come up do seem to be fair corroded but i'd be wanting to refurb them anyway.

Thanks chaps, very helpful!

​Tom

Nah keep to the same width all round. You'll be lucky to find a set of with different widths. Id keep the D90's and do the centres in a light grey colour if it were me. If you do want to go OE 16's how about 4motion alloys?

Have a look through my 24v build thread (in my sig) as I tried loads of different wheels including the RXII's and 4motions.

I have 4 used 16 inch RX2s (and 2 brand new ones too), they'd be an easy refurb, may deal on your D90s, but happy to keep them too..... Decissions :o/

IMAG0059_zps1f65bad0.jpg

IMAG0060_zps092bf821.jpg

IMAG0061_zps09c0fa4f.jpg

IMAG0062_zpsea9e0cd0.jpg

IMAG0064_zpsd1f90ff2.jpg

IMAG0065_zps28f3a250.jpg

IMAG0066_zps3f26c0aa.jpg

IMAG0068_zps7947233e.jpg

IMAG0072_zpsb72edf4b.jpg

I have 4 used 16 inch RX2s (and 2 brand new ones too), they'd be an easy refurb, may deal on your D90s, but happy to keep them too..... Decissions :o/

IMAG0059_zps1f65bad0.jpg

IMAG0060_zps092bf821.jpg

IMAG0061_zps09c0fa4f.jpg

IMAG0062_zpsea9e0cd0.jpg

IMAG0064_zpsd1f90ff2.jpg

IMAG0065_zps28f3a250.jpg

IMAG0066_zps3f26c0aa.jpg

IMAG0068_zps7947233e.jpg

IMAG0072_zpsb72edf4b.jpg

So are these genuine MK3 Golf anniversary wheels? - If yes do you want to sell the 2 new ones separately?

Ian.

So are these genuine MK3 Golf anniversary wheels? - If yes do you want to sell the 2 new ones separately?

Ian.

No, they are 6.5J, Annis were 7j as said above

Ian.

The new wheels have light storeage marks on some spokes (I bought them like this), all 6 have MK4 part numbers (1JO from memory?) - but they have different part numbers at the end (the 4 used ones are a set)

Nah keep to the same width all round. You'll be lucky to find a set of with different widths. Id keep the D90's and do the centres in a light grey colour if it were me. If you do want to go OE 16's how about 4motion alloys?

Have a look through my 24v build thread (in my sig) as I tried loads of different wheels including the RXII's and 4motions.

Wow you like to change your wheels alot coullstar! not sure on the 4 motions, to modern imo. If my rx's were 5x100 they'd be on the car no question. but there 4x100 :(

Was tempted to try clean up the d90's as an interim measure but honestly porsche wheels on a vw? its the one thing i have never liked about the vw scene plus all the mucking about with adaptors etc. not for me lol. i also think repainting the centres would help selling them on.

​Tom

Wow the wife telling you to hold out for a decent set! :shocked!: My Wife tells me either not to buy anything at all, or if its a must, make sure its not too expensive!

Wow the wife telling you to hold out for a decent set! :shocked!: My Wife tells me either not to buy anything at all, or if its a must, make sure its not too expensive!

Lol, it was the wifes idea to get another corrado, I just do as i'm told :mrgreen:

On a different note, i've just seen that speedline make an updated version of the 15'' standard vr wheel in 17''. Not cheap but i reckon it would look the part, and have a proper O.E flavour? hmmm got me thinking...again.

Lol, it was the wifes idea to get another corrado, I just do as i'm told :mrgreen:

On a different note, i've just seen that speedline make an updated version of the 15'' standard vr wheel in 17''. Not cheap but i reckon it would look the part, and have a proper O.E flavour? hmmm got me thinking...again.

You don't want speedline's you want these [ATTACH=CONFIG]74043[/ATTACH] hope Goldie doesn't mind me using his car they just look so good on his car.

They are compomotive mate speedline do a 5 spoke which are quite similar these are the Bbboy these Goldie will probably try and talk you out of it though :lol: check out wheelbase i think they sell comp's will warn you though they are not a cheap wheel but are top quality I have th's on mine :cool:

There is something nice about having the OEM wheels on it though, I prefer the speedlines personally.

[ATTACH]74046[/ATTACH]

Yeah see i see a picture like that and it gets me thinking, it does look good on the 5 spokes, but i have always had a soft spot for bbs.

decisions, decisions.