blueboxer

Automatic gear selector

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is something missing from the auto gear selector on my vr6. Should it have brushes or something?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73988[/ATTACH]

My last VR was a 96 Auto. You definitely have some plastic missing- it wasn't brushes on these, it was sliding plastic 'gaiters' as I recall

I pulled the selector trim housing off and you're right, there is a thin plastic gaiter . Mine is sort of creased and tangled up within the lever mechanism so I'll have to try and find another.

when mine was an auto I covered the slider in faux black suede. Its was thick enough to hold the plastic in shape and thin enough to allow it to slide freely.

Ive taken the gaiter from a mk3 golf auto to replace mine but my plastic lettering bit (PRND321) has been replaced with a really cruddy sticker at some point in the past.

Does anyone know where I can get a new one or the whole unit? The only ones I can find are for the early model mines a '94 VR6 auto.