sexybourbon

corrado r32 on ebay

Seems a good car with lots done and the engine fitted right with all the standard management

Im sure it went off ebay and then came off again , wats your thought on this car i was tempted but not sure if its hiding something , not saying it is if its someones on here it lolks a very nice car

221224395701 thats the ebay number

The guy was trying to sell it at tail end of last year i messaged him cos people were talking about it on here he seemed a genuine enough guy thing is if you buy it through ebay and it is nowhere near description you will always have a come back Recent paint R32 for that money it is very good price even if you end up paying £4.5K still a good buy they are properly quick i can vouch for that.

scroll the page down past the pics, were it says similar threads , and it has an ad for sale @ £7200 by the same person in 2012, bit confused

scroll the page down past the pics, were it says similar threads , and it has an ad for sale @ £7200 by the same person in 2012, bit confused

It was marked as sold, he probably got no takers at the price, so decided to keep it for a while, does look like a decent car though

I didnt think it was three grand buy it now that would be way to cheap , does look like a good example , its hard to gauge how much more cash to throw at a car when you can buy one thats all been done , i just wanted to know peoples opinions

TO DO:

Needs a CAN-BUS converter (about £60) to make the rev counter work.

You're selling a car for thousands and can't spend £60 to 'make the rev counter work'.

Always raises my suspicions / ****es me off.

You're selling a car for thousands and can't spend £60 to 'make the rev counter work'.

Always raises my suspicions / ****es me off.

Yep, me too and they're not £60 anymore. £100 now.

I can let you into a little secret. Converted R32s run a lot better on standalones ;) Too much stuff is missing when using the OE management and no matter what you delete, they never run quite the same.

Yep, me too and they're not £60 anymore. £100 now.

I can let you into a little secret. Converted R32s run a lot better on standalones ;) Too much stuff is missing when using the OE management and no matter what you delete, they never run quite the same.

Kev is totally correct since getting mine sorted on friday it is a different car apparently it was running rich up to 4000rpm then was running lean quite badly further up rev range now it is running perfectly idling spot on well worth the money and gives me the peace of mind knowing it is running properly now and the pic's i posted of the supposed power figure's just show some places are a little out i however have total faith in the power figure's from Triple H as the guy who runs it make's Rolling Road's.

I would ask him to get the CANBUS converter done as part of the deal. When you look at his ad from 2012, he still says it needs the converter. If it was my car and I'd spent all that cash already then I'd spend the extra £60-£100 to get the rev counter working.

My concern would be that if the rev counter doesn't work due to another fault then you have a shed load of modified loom to check over with very little help from any manuals.

Or you could just budget for having to take it over to Stealth and get Vince to give it the once over.

I would ask him to get the CANBUS converter done as part of the deal. When you look at his ad from 2012, he still says it needs the converter. If it was my car and I'd spent all that cash already then I'd spend the extra £60-£100 to get the rev counter working.

My concern would be that if the rev counter doesn't work due to another fault then you have a shed load of modified loom to check over with very little help from any manuals.

Or you could just budget for having to take it over to Stealth and get Vince to give it the once over.

Is it you that has bid on it Ron? As i see there has been a bid on it.

Me and my dad viewed it a couple of weeks ago, bodywork is very tidy, it is a very quick car aswell.

Few things put my dad off was fuse box and all wires still hanging under dash, engine bay needs a good clean looks like dust from the paintshop, and it cut out during testdrive. Might be a simple fix just my dad didnt want to chance it when paying that much for it.

The plot thicken's.When you said it cut out Adam what were the circumstance's ?

I THINK it might of been something to do with the hanging wires because i did the see the guye messing with them then the car started again mate.

Look's like it may have loom issues which doesn't surprise me as that is the big problem with the R32 conversion I'm glad i bought one running standalone :D

Is it you that has bid on it Ron? As i see there has been a bid on it.

No, not me mate. I thought about going to see it but then realised the logistics of a divorce are too complicated ;)

OK IT WAS ME!!!!

I thought it would be a good project for the next 15 months and an awsome car to own in Australia

No, not me mate. I thought about going to see it but then realised the logistics of a divorce are too complicated ;)

:lol: Well only one thing for it mate turbo the one you've got :dance:

Sounds like it has a few problems with wiring , although it does still look a clean car and has had alot of work done , maybe he couldnt solve the problem and threw in the towel , im sure some one will snap it up and make good of it , surely it wouldnt be to hard for some one in the know to swap it over to standalone management to solve the problems , if that what it had

Did it have a bulkhead mounted 4Motion pedal, or the floor mounted MK5 pedal? I did both on mine and the 4motion pedal does mean the fuse box no longer clips back up to where it's supposed to sit. Me being me, I sorted that though :D The MK5 pedal removes that problem completely and only needs a couple of M5 self tappers to hold it down securely.

It's not good trying to sell a car with it's bowels hanging out though is it? What are some people like? I think they think just because it's a Corrado and has an R32 in it, people will be queueing up for it! Err, wrong. If it's an uncompleted project, then it should be marketed as such but he doesn't want to take the financial hit in doing that.

Clumpy, yours could be even better with an idle valve mate. Not difficult to map either. I can send you some numbers to get you started if you install one? I really didn't get on with no idle valve. It was fine when hot but having to keep my foot on the gas when cold was a pain! Has yours got the Alfa throttle body? I can't remember!

Really interesting thread this, I have that very car on my eBay watch list and was considering a punt if the price was right. (auction ends today)

I am looking for finished car though, maybe minor cosmetic work would be Ok but any mechanical and/or electrical gremlins would put me off. Looking for a pre-loved weekend toy rather than a project.

£2.K gets you a tidy VR6 these days so an R32 with `issues` seems steep is it not?

cheers

Paul