sexybourbon

corrado r32 on ebay

I wouldnt say £2K gets you a tidy one, good ones with leather and chains etc done £2700-£3200

Everyone one I saw for £2K was high mileage, little work done and no extras. When you consider that getting the chains/clutch done is the best part of a grand!

I think for £5K he needs to explain a bit more as to what is working, what isnt and why. Plus put some better pics up.

The fact that he is so vague in his ad makes it sound shifty.

Really interesting thread this, I have that very car on my eBay watch list and was considering a punt if the price was right. (auction ends today)

I am looking for finished car though, maybe minor cosmetic work would be Ok but any mechanical and/or electrical gremlins would put me off. Looking for a pre-loved weekend toy rather than a project.

£2.K gets you a tidy VR6 these days so an R32 with `issues` seems steep is it not?

cheers

Paul

I wouldnt say £2K gets you a tidy one, good ones with leather and chains etc done £2700-£3200

Everyone one I saw for £2K was high mileage, little work done and no extras. When you consider that getting the chains/clutch done is the best part of a grand!

I think for £5K he needs to explain a bit more as to what is working, what isnt and why. Plus put some better pics up.

The fact that he is so vague in his ad makes it sound shifty.

Yep, my typo, should read 2.5K not 2.K.

Leather isnt hugely important to me though as it wouldnt be a daily.

Having had these before its still a great car even at 3K

The R32 engined car would be my preference despite the potential pitfalls and running issues however I struggle to understend the 2.5K premium for a converted car considering how small the market is.

I would expect super clean original cars to achieve big money rather than heavily modded stuff.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paular

I sold mine for £4.5K and it was worth the money in my albeit biased opinion :D

As for not understanding the £2.5K premium, all I can say is: try installing one that looks and runs like it came from the factory like that, and you'll soon get a better understanding ;)

Decent engine with ECU, *both* harnesses and all ancills - £1500

Downpipes - £350-£400 + adaptation to existing system

Loom and ECU 'dumb down' for retrofitting - £500+

New clutch (you'd be daft not to whilst you're in there) - £150

Vibratechnics mounts (standards can't handle the R32) - £300ish

CAN rpm converter (for MK5 only) - £100

So you're already way past £2.5K in hardware before you even lift the bonnet.

And that's just the start of it because there are ALWAYS post fitment wiring / ECU woes to correct and that's the bit that usually consumes the most time and money.

I sold mine for £4.5K and it was worth the money in my albeit biased opinion :D

As for not understanding the £2.5K premium, all I can say is: try installing one that looks and runs like it came from the factory like that, and you'll soon get a better understanding ;)

Decent engine with ECU, *both* harnesses and all ancills - £1500

Downpipes - £350-£400 + adaptation to existing system

Loom and ECU 'dumb down' for retrofitting - £500+

New clutch (you'd be daft not to whilst you're in there) - £150

Vibratechnics mounts (standards can't handle the R32) - £300ish

CAN rpm converter (for MK5 only) - £100

So you're already way past £2.5K in hardware before you even lift the bonnet.

And that's just the start of it because there are ALWAYS post fitment wiring / ECU woes to correct and that's the bit that usually consumes the most time and money.

Dont get me wrong, I would love an R32 Corrado and totally understand the build costs are pretty significant.

But modified/project cars are a bit of a labour of love and so you rarely see a return on the time and materials investment. (unless Edd China is your best mate:p)

This why I wouldnt expect to pay the level of premium some people ask.

Anyway, its pretty subjective and just my view rather than fact. Maybe these cars buck the trend somewhat.?

If some one is willing to pay 4, 5 or more 1000s then its worth it to them.

I dont begrudge anyone getting premium for whatever they have for sale, its just not where I would sink 5K personally.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paular

Did it have a bulkhead mounted 4Motion pedal, or the floor mounted MK5 pedal? I did both on mine and the 4motion pedal does mean the fuse box no longer clips back up to where it's supposed to sit. Me being me, I sorted that though :D The MK5 pedal removes that problem completely and only needs a couple of M5 self tappers to hold it down securely.

It's not good trying to sell a car with it's bowels hanging out though is it? What are some people like? I think they think just because it's a Corrado and has an R32 in it, people will be queueing up for it! Err, wrong. If it's an uncompleted project, then it should be marketed as such but he doesn't want to take the financial hit in doing that.

Clumpy, yours could be even better with an idle valve mate. Not difficult to map either. I can send you some numbers to get you started if you install one? I really didn't get on with no idle valve. It was fine when hot but having to keep my foot on the gas when cold was a pain! Has yours got the Alfa throttle body? I can't remember!

I'm not sure myself Kev to be honest it does make a lovely sound though when accelerating sound's almost like it's got a turbo on it if that make's sense :scratch: I have only done about 30 miles since the remap but honestly Kev the idle is spot on when i took it out of garage on sunday it started first time it has never done that!! from cold anyway and before you could pull up at traffic light's it would be ok then would start to fluctuate slightly it doesn't do that anymore :dance: It does drive slightly differently though I'll have a check on the throttle body and see if i can find any clues on it's origin.

James.

Thank's for the offer Kev i will Pm you regarding DTA stuff as i have been on the DTA Forum and have noticed update's etc. I will be totally honest with you regarding this stuff I am a complete numpty mate computer stuff obviously comes easy to you as you do it as a job I don't matey i will pick thing's up pretty easy but i am no bill gate's will be in touch in time rather busy at work at the minute but really appreciate your offer :thumbleft:

Edited by clumpy1

it does make a lovely sound though when accelerating sound's almost like it's got a turbo on it if that make's sense :scratch:

yea my 2.8 24v sounds like that, prety sure its the inlet manifold ?,

It is a lovely sound :clap: By the way was it anybody on here who bought it?

I'm not sure myself Kev to be honest it does make a lovely sound though when accelerating sound's almost like it's got a turbo on it if that make's sense :scratch: I have only done about 30 miles since the remap but honestly Kev the idle is spot on when i took it out of garage on sunday it started first time it has never done that!! from cold anyway and before you could pull up at traffic light's it would be ok then would start to fluctuate slightly it doesn't do that anymore :dance: It does drive slightly differently though I'll have a check on the throttle body and see if i can find any clues on it's origin.

James.

Thank's for the offer Kev i will Pm you regarding DTA stuff as i have been on the DTA Forum and have noticed update's etc. I will be totally honest with you regarding this stuff I am a complete numpty mate computer stuff obviously comes easy to you as you do it as a job I don't matey i will pick thing's up pretty easy but i am no bill gate's will be in touch in time rather busy at work at the minute but really appreciate your offer :thumbleft:

Glad to hear it mate!

Yeah no worries with DTA stuff, always glad to help :D

Sorry to ratchet up an old thread lol as I was googling ban bus converter!! And guess what! I've own this for around about a year now!! I ended up paying £4250 for it and that was probably £1000 too much, I'm afraid the noise got me :( it's a good car don't get me wrong but like what's already been said there are wires hanging about and stuff! It is pretty clean but rubbish paint job on the roof and bonnet also and my stupidity he took me out on a test drive with it came back parked it up and stuff when I drove off (and got lost on the way home) turned into a car park and for the life of me couldn't get it in reverse!! Good buy!!! Rang the guy and his reply was a lot can happen in 3 miles!! Also as times gone on I've found other faults, the lights where all over the place, dipped was full etc etc heated seats don't work the hand brake bracket had snapped and been duct taped down, the common leak in the scuttle was covered with blue plastic sheeting!! The list goes on!! I'll be the first to admit I feel I got robbed but when you sit back and think that there's probably £2500 in the convertion (including wavetrac with receipt) and it's a clean shell with original black leathers id of said £3500 was about what I should have paid! Which all in all I wasn't to fussed about because I used it all last summer and the only problem I had was snapping a driveshaft on the drag strip at gti international :/ I'm one of those folk who will look at anything in a positive light so I have to take the positives out of it :) sorry again for bringing this thread up from the dead but I thought I'd have my say as the current owner lol

Sorry to ratchet up an old thread lol as I was googling ban bus converter!! And guess what! I've own this for around about a year now!! I ended up paying £4250 for it and that was probably £1000 too much, I'm afraid the noise got me :( it's a good car don't get me wrong but like what's already been said there are wires hanging about and stuff! It is pretty clean but rubbish paint job on the roof and bonnet also and my stupidity he took me out on a test drive with it came back parked it up and stuff when I drove off (and got lost on the way home) turned into a car park and for the life of me couldn't get it in reverse!! Good buy!!! Rang the guy and his reply was a lot can happen in 3 miles!! Also as times gone on I've found other faults, the lights where all over the place, dipped was full etc etc heated seats don't work the hand brake bracket had snapped and been duct taped down, the common leak in the scuttle was covered with blue plastic sheeting!! The list goes on!! I'll be the first to admit I feel I got robbed but when you sit back and think that there's probably £2500 in the convertion (including wavetrac with receipt) and it's a clean shell with original black leathers id of said £3500 was about what I should have paid! Which all in all I wasn't to fussed about because I used it all last summer and the only problem I had was snapping a driveshaft on the drag strip at gti international :/ I'm one of those folk who will look at anything in a positive light so I have to take the positives out of it :) sorry again for bringing this thread up from the dead but I thought I'd have my say as the current owner lol

You haven't faired that bad bud other's have been bitten worse than that get some pic's up good to know another R32 is on here we R32 owner's will need to try and get our own little section I'd say there is about 10 now

It's in a bit of a sorry state at the minute! :( still trying to get it through an MOT at the minute, then came the common water leak so took interior out to stop it moulding up now eventually sorted that and a few other things and hopefully it's just a cat and put the interior back in then we should be getting places :)