craigowl

DIY stuff at Lidl today. Silicone sealant always unbeatable value I find.

I find screwfix & toolstation good for sealants etc, usually have plenty of everything in stock and much cheaper than high st. Just shows the markup B&Q have as Screwfix is part of the same group!

I'm amazed B&Q can even survive with their small product range and massive mark ups. The only thing on their side is stores which are convenient to get to. All my Lidls and Aldis are in town centres and a royal pain in the rump to get to.

Hmmmm I might go see what the little welder looks like,

She who is occasionally nice to me bought me one similar to this from Aldi a while ago, they're pretty good for general welding though a fair bit of practise is needed to weld thinner metal. They recommend a 30 amp supply on the one I got though I have been using it off a 13 amp spur with a circuit breaker on it and at the lower power settings. No problem so far and the house is still standing. For the outlay it's a handy wee thing to have about though I'm in no way confident or skilled enough yet to use it on the car bodywork. Heavier dods of metal are OK though.

when they say 0.5-3mm is that the welding rods then, not the thickness of the metal it can weld??