Hovis

Wind Screen Trim

Hi all. When i had the G60 resprayed my mate removed the trim and now I don't have it! We can't remember whether he had to damage it on the way out or if we just lost it. Anyway that's pretty irrelevant as I can't find it and I don't seem to be able to buy one, my mate works for VW and no-one in his group has one!

Is there a common solution to a replacement trim?

Someone might have one from a breaker , but could be a bit stretched and end up with bad fitting . Maybe have to claim on windscreen ins ?

I have one off the car im breaking in good reusable condition £20 posted.

Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Paul.

Many thanks for the responses. It turns out that my mate at ******** can get them, he has ordered one and it should arrive tomorrow, not sure what it's going to be like as my mate at VW said they didn't make them anymore. Does anyone know if this'll be an aftermarket affair and if so is it going to look ok? I think I'd rather a second hand original than a new piece of poo!

Edited by Hovis
Realised that the internet is a big place so thought it best to remove the company name.

Yep now obsolete so it will probably be aftermarket, interested to know what quality and cost is though Hovis so let us know ;)

I'm replacing the windscreen, should I try to get seals and/or trim. Not sure f it is common for these to be replaced with a new windscreen?

Had mine replaced recently & the fitter managed to save the trim.A good screen fitter makes all the difference though as they are tricky.The scuttle trims are difficult to remove as they are stuck down & have clips which will break.The clips are available from VW

So it has arrived and it is a single piece, will see it over the weekend and let you all know what it looks like. As to cost I don't know, he is going to let me know what it should be as my one has arrived "damaged" so he just to write it off and "throw it away"........handy!

Well it's been fitted and it looks pretty good, it is just a one piece thing. I'll get a pic up later.

So here it is......

IMG-20130519-00324.jpg

IMG-20130519-00326.jpg

Sorry one is on the wonk, it's not saved like that on the old photo bucket of love.

Whats fink? Still waiting for my mate to confirm actual cost.

Edited by Hovis