Mawrick

What voltage can I supply to the aux water pump (VR6)

I'v just replaced a aux water pump whith one I had laying around, but not sure if the "new" pump is working, as the one I hade made very much noise.....

So is there any way I can check if it's actually running ? (Should it always run for some time after stop, and when one put ignition on ?) - or will the car have to be over a certan temp ?.

If so what voltage can I supply the pump with to check if it actually works?.

Turn ignition key so your dash lights are showing. Do not start the engine. Now put your ear towards the pump or grab a pipe near it. You should feel/ hear it whirring away happily.

ok, thought so, I guess this one is bust then....lol....

ohh well I'l just get a new one :)

---------- Post added at 2:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:24 PM ----------

Or will it only run for alittle while, as when I was back out testing again it sounded like something buzzing in the bay, but wasn't fast enough out of the car to check if it was the pump.....

Just run a direct 12v feed through it and see, I was having a problem with the aux pump so I replaced it and realised it was a wiring fault, it was as a result of going obd2 but I would just check it. It's better to have a quiet aux pump than a loud one!