Sign in to follow this  
Linus Van Pelt

Leccy window woes...

My driver side electric window is sticking quite badly (1" down and up again isn't too bad, but it took the removal of the door card to get it back up again from fully open). I've already lubricated the bits you can get to without taking the door card off, but it didn't help. With the help of a mate, we got the door card off and having consulted ETKA I think I can see which bits I need to attack next...

Whilst we had the door card off (boy is it a pain in the (_|_) to get back on again!), we found the window motor (in case that's eventually the real problem), but a) it appers to be pop riveted inside the door shell and b) how the hell do you actually get to it? :?: (The diagram on ETKA doesn't really show it in context very well).

If anyone's done this one before I'd really appreciate any pointers...

Cheers,

DtM.

To get it out you'll need to drill the rivits.

If you can lower the window, get it down and release the mechinism from the glass first. That way you can get the glass back up and out of the way (secure back it with gaffer tape).

Then drill the rivits and manover the whole thing out.

You can get a new motor from Euro Car Parts at a fractuon of the VAG price.

Thanks for that SoundsAlarming, I was afraid it might be that way...

ECP say £200 and not in stock... (assuming I was looking at the right bit). I dread to think what one from VAG is then :shock:

DtM.