crazylegs

Remote Central Locking Upgrade

Hi all,

Only 6 months after getting my first Corrado, so I'm a noob that doesn't know much. Yet.

It's a 1989 1.8 16v. It's got central locking but not remote. Can anyone tell me if it came with central locking? I don't imagine it did.

The next question is, has anyone used a good aftermarket remote central locking kit they would recommend? I don't have the cash for an alarm yet, but I'd like remote central locking and perhaps de-lock using the Passat rear handles and mechs... It's in the shop being stripped and resprayed so I'm thinking about doing as much as possible while it's stripped!

thanks

Yeah Central Locking was standard on all models mate. Its a bit crude and noisy being pneumatic, but its pretty reliable other than the occasional hose popping off. Have a look on Ebay. I've used RightClick kits on a couple of cars now, and they are very easy to fit, and very cheap (Under £20 iirc for kit if already installed with C/L).

I dont remember it having that function when I bought them tbh mate. Certainly not on the missus's Fabia, as it doesnt have electric windows anyway!

I have a Meta alarm and immobiliser fitted and it does one touch locking and will close the sunroof and windows when you hold the button down. You can also do this on the lock by turning the key and holding it.

I'll maybe give the electric window thing a blatter too, see if I can't get it working.

Although I could probably be doing with an alarm after the respray etc... Though I don't have too much money at the moment, haha.