Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Zymol!

Well if anyone is looking for a good quality polish for their car, but can't stretch to a Swissol starter kit, then you won't go too wrong heading over to Halfrauds and picking up a bottle of Zymol Cleaner Wax and a pack of their 100% cotton polishing cloths. Its blue in colour, costs about £15 and smells like some kind of face scrub from the Body Shop (like almonds, honey, etc!!) but it doesn't half bring your paint up well.

Really given my pearl green paint a nice shiny finish and made the colour so much more deep and lustrous :)

Though as ever in this god-damn country, rain stopped play - just the roof and front bumper to tackle when the weather gets a bit better :)

Cool. I'd always wondered if it was any good. Will get some next week (staff discount 8) ) and get it done when I've got uni over and done with forever! Cheers for the tip mate

cool, im happy it worked for ya jim...i tried this and hated it was too much hard work for a not so good deep shine...... :|

Yeah, I have to admit its a bit of effort, and it leaves like a powder all over the place as you remove it. But then I just give the car a quick hose of water to get the powder off and buff it up a bit more and it looks pukka :)

one thing i like abt it is though the next time u wash it,,, (specially with the zymol shampoo) wihtout the wax u just leather t up looks a treat

Well if it costs anything like the Swissol stuff, then it kinda defeats the point.

I know the swissol stuff is the danglies, as I am sure the Zymol stuff is too.. but I can't really bring myself to spend over £100 on wax.

sure, it's £100, but I bet it lastest you 3 years.

now work out how much you'd spend on any other polish in that time.

When you look at it that way it's actually quite cheap. your hardly have to use any of it, and it lasts longer too. Not to meantion the shine is 10 times better, and it's non abrasive so it won't wear your paint out either.

You are not spending over £100 on just wax BTW, you get lots of other bits as well! The wax starts at £39.

If you are getting lots of powder from the Cleaner Wax, then you are using it wrong. You should be buffing it off BEFORE it dries, then it won't go powdery. If you can't buff it off in time, then you should do a smaller area.

On another forum some people were also sayign that some Halfords are dot stocking it any more, and this may be due to the problems between Zymol Inc, and Zymol UK/Turtle Wax. Have a look on the zymol.com website.

BTW if you want to see what the competition has to offer in Sweden, follow this link: http://www.zymol.com/sweden1.htm BEWARE - NOT OFFICE OR CHILD SAFE :twisted: :lol:

ill be giving my car the swissol treatment on friday ready for all types....and they reckon the weathers going to be a scortcher :)

Hm - I guess the zymol stuff just dried too darn quickly then!! I wasn't going tooo mad with the stuff before trying to get it back off again. Guess I need to rethink my car waxing technique.

I've got some of that duck-egg shell blue Zymol stuff too. Smells like the stuff I style my hair with :lol:

Didn't really think much of it on car paint where you're supposed to use it though :wink:

I still rate Auto Glym Super Resin as the nicest polish to use.

I'll be digging the old SwissRoll out next month and giving that a bash. See if it lives up to the hype.

K