james153

New Uprated Headlight Looms Just £39.99 Posted With Original Connectors

Forgive me if i sound silly but my Rado has a 20V turbo in, will this still benefit from the loom cause i wasn't sure about the wires from the newer engine???????????:scratch:

Hi, I imagine that the headlight wiring would have been left as original, but to be honest, you can benefit either way because a lot of the fault lies with the switchgear inside the car.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

James

This is a great post guys and thanks for all the input and experience with the looms from everyone. I'm having the same sort of problem. My dipped headlights are so dim I've been having to put the fogs on and sometimes they just come on brighter when I'm driving around and sometimes they don't. Sometimes I can fiddle with the switch a little and they come on which made me think it might be the contact pads. The last owner oft he car told me he had upgraded the headlight with some sort of relay system but the dishonestly of the seller makes me dubious to believe what he has done. Anyway, I'm going to check out the contact pads first but more than likely I'll be purchasing a loom soon. I have every intention of upgrading the bulbs too. I was also a little concerned about someone needing to upgrade to a 20amp but it seems like this is a one off? I'll be in touch about the loom!

This is a great post guys and thanks for all the input and experience with the looms from everyone. I'm having the same sort of problem. My dipped headlights are so dim I've been having to put the fogs on and sometimes they just come on brighter when I'm driving around and sometimes they don't. Sometimes I can fiddle with the switch a little and they come on which made me think it might be the contact pads. The last owner oft he car told me he had upgraded the headlight with some sort of relay system but the dishonestly of the seller makes me dubious to believe what he has done. Anyway, I'm going to check out the contact pads first but more than likely I'll be purchasing a loom soon. I have every intention of upgrading the bulbs too. I was also a little concerned about someone needing to upgrade to a 20amp but it seems like this is a one off? I'll be in touch about the loom!

That sounds a lot like the previous kit is not quite up to the task. The 20A fuse was a one off, not had the problem before or since. I look forward to hearing from you regarding the loom. Either PM me on here, message us via the website or facebook.

Cheers

James

The loom was delivered yesterday. Cheers James fast and prompt service. looks a real quality job. Just got to fit it to the car now.

Just a question i need to ask, after reading the instructions...

It says to unplug your ballast resistor to ensure correct function of the loom. Location of this would be nice to know before i start the job if anyone has a answer?

Can the head lights stop in to change the bulbs. I read if the middle screw is rusted it's a dog of a job.

The resistor is the yellow connector on the passenger side wing

Cheers Jon.:thumbleft:

Edited by Ray1965

Loom now fitted and working. I was lucky both the middle screws on the head lights came out no problem. Which was a bonus as i usually always have bad luck with anything like that.

Hi James,

Got the loom in the post today. Looking forward to fitting it tomorrow and if I get a chance I will upload up some pics!

Thanks

Good news, as a festive treat we have reduced the price of our uprated headlight loom to just £39.99 with but the male and female OE trigger plugs.

Check out this and all of our other Corrado offerings here; http://rayneautomotive.co.uk/shop/category_29/Corrado.html?sessid=NwbkyiWDK6odnxzFpzioEVL6GiU3HECvcPzy6y6v68J780wgFefqnHvLcyWUhoBd&shop_param=cid%3D%26

Thanks all, happy holidays.

I ordered one earlier following the link. I just put a note on the order stating I was a member here.

Been meaning to get one for ages but thought it best to order one now if I'll be using the car soon.

Delivered and fitted just now. Loom is excellently made I must say. I would have made one myself, but at this price I couldn't have done it much cheaper with the OE connectors. My only gripe is that I could have done with maybe an inch extra on the negative cables to the battery spade. Would have helped neaten up the routing of the cable is all. I also wrapped the whole thing in loom tape rather than having the gaps, but that's just my preference and not a gripe at the workmanship - which is top class. Overall I'm extremely pleased with it, and would certainly recommend to anyone thinking of buying one. :thumbleft:

So are these easy to fit? What tools are needed as don't have many yet? Do you also need to buy a better bulb?

Chuggs,

The only tools I needed were 10mm socket to undo battery clamps and attached spades, a 13mm socket with a long extension to undo battery clamp. (You'll need to remove the battery to gain access to the N/S headlight and to disconnect the dim/dip resistor).

A Phillips screwdriver to remove the O/S headlight rear cover/air duct, and an M5 allen key to remove the N/S top rad support bracket as I fed the cable behind it. Not strictly needed, but keeps the loom hidden and looking standard by doing this imo.

I've velcro'd the relays to my battery, and its covered by the battery bag so should stay warm and dry.

Not a thing needs to be cut, its really easy to just connect it in and go.

Chuggs,

The only tools I needed were 10mm socket to undo battery clamps and attached spades, a 13mm socket with a long extension to undo battery clamp. (You'll need to remove the battery to gain access to the N/S headlight and to disconnect the dim/dip resistor).

A Phillips screwdriver to remove the O/S headlight rear cover/air duct, and an M5 allen key to remove the N/S top rad support bracket as I fed the cable behind it. Not strictly needed, but keeps the loom hidden and looking standard by doing this imo.

I've velcro'd the relays to my battery, and its covered by the battery bag so should stay warm and dry.

Not a thing needs to be cut, its really easy to just connect it in and go.

Cheers for this Sean, great bit of info for everyone. :)

Hope everyone else has received their looms. The sale price is only available until next week.

I ordered on of these Sunday and it arrived today. It's fitted and I'm really pleased about not having to chop the original loom like with the last one I bought elsewhere.

Quality is good so I can recommend.

I do have one issue though (and only posting here for opinion, it's not a complaint about the loom!) On the way home tonight on main beam my lights suddenly went out! Dip and side lights work ok, but as soon as you click for main beam just side lights stay on. I'm assuming a line fuse has gone so will check in the morning but wondered if anyone has any idea why this may have happened?

I know the bulbs aren't OE, they're uprated of some type - but not that bright hence the loom upgrade so can't imagine the bulbs are too powerful.

Or could it just be with the greater power now the old bulbs have blown?

I'd be surprised if it's got wet. Only 20 mins in to first use and the road was wet but not torrential rain and the car still has the under trays at the sides so hope it's nice and dry in there!