Mawrick

Hatch will only open when using central lock

If my car is locked and I want to open the hatch I can't use the key to just open the hatch, the lock will rotate, but it will never engage the release pin.

Any ideas what might be causing it (I see on the inside it rotates also, but the thing that is engaged/disengaged when using the central lock doesn't do anything, it just sits in the same spot.

Any tips on what's causing it ?.

Haven't done that no - never realy used it, so supposed it was the same system as on the golf's (Where you rotate it and then push), but if that's not the case, maybe I should have another go :)

thnx for the tip!

---------- Post added at 1:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:17 PM ----------

Hmm, I tried what you said - but still doesn't seem to work.

I see that i can have it "locked" while the central lock is unlocked (with the hatch lock positioned like this: (|) ), but it won't let me open in any way, other then unlocked with central

Ok well worth a check, i'm not sure about the whole central locking business because i have an aftermarket alarm on mine which does all that, so i don't know how it would work standard

Sorry

There's three positions for the lock:

Slot vertical | = locked all the time - will not unlock with the central locking.

Slot Horizontal - locks and unlocks with the central locking. Pusing the button opens the hatch if the car is unlocked.

Slot rotated 45 degrees Clockwise from Vertical / AND then push key in manually unlocks the hatch regardless of if the car is locked or unlocked. If your alarm is set, it will go off ;)

At least on mine it does :)

Found the page in the handbook:

IMAG1059_zps89256926.jpg

Edited by timmaaah
Handbook pic

Ahh, ok, that make sense - maybe it's just a bit "fiddly" to get into position C, I'l have to check it out.