Sign in to follow this  
B5VWC

Black VR6 - Rotrex - Mapping Update on Pg 20

What a classy, neatly developed machine! :luvlove:

looks the nuts, love it... especially the inteior :luvlove:

nice one thanks... needed a good tidy but its just right now - got a 70mm pully but will do a power run on the same pully just to check how much the old pistons were suffering

Good luck with the dyno run.

You'll find the block just keeps getting better with those Wossners. Oil consumption reduces a lot past 20K. Silkolene Pro S 10/50W works really well with those pistons I find.

Bobby....Make sure you come see me this weekend, I need to see this car in the flesh. Hats of to you bro, you've done a splended job, well done.

Alrite Nige - long time - yeah will try to mate just had it MOT'd today and passed no problem so can start putting on the miles and get it run in so coming to yours will help

Will call you later today

179.jpg

That pic there, reminds me why i love the way the corrado looks so much 8) 8) :salute:

Good luck with the dyno run.

You'll find the block just keeps getting better with those Wossners. Oil consumption reduces a lot past 20K. Silkolene Pro S 10/50W works really well with those pistons I find.

cheers kev i remember seeing your wossners after good daily use so not got alot to worry about now - how much you picking the silkolene up for?

cheers kev i remember seeing your wossners after good daily use so not got alot to worry about now - how much you picking the silkolene up for?

Yeah, they're strong pistons. Specially made for forced induction :D

I get the Silkolene from Opie Oils when they do a promotion day. Got 35% off last time, so stocked up! Worked out at £34ish per 5L tub instead of £50ish.

Any updates on this! Especially rr results.

V. tidy car mate, I'm roughly following your footsteps so would be nice to know how things are going now.

Any updates on this! Especially rr results.

V. tidy car mate, I'm roughly following your footsteps so would be nice to know how things are going now.

Nah nothing yet as you know just sorted the suspension & drivetrain the car is completely different on kw v3's and new bushes so the power feels alot smoother on the road

I have fitted a another aux tensioner, belt & filter plus changed the dumpvalve setup and reclamped all the hoses - so its ready for another blast on the dyno just need to finish the mapping at full throttle

Was the boost always at 1.2bar or did you stick that 70mm pulley on. :D

Yeah 1.2bar around 18psi

Dont know whether you saw this clip a few pages back you can kind of make out how it delivers the boost and the peak

This was before the engine rebuild/big valve head on a 80mm pulley

th_BOOST.jpg

Edited by B5VWC

1.2 bar! Very nice.

I simply daren't run that kind of boost. I have a bad paranoia about the gearbox blowing. It's done 180K now....

Good skills, as ever, Bobbi. Looking forward to seeing how she turns out after the mapping with your spec. You went of the Schimmel Big valve head as well?

1.2 bar! Very nice.

I simply daren't run that kind of boost. I have a bad paranoia about the gearbox blowing. It's done 180K now....

Good skills, as ever, Bobbi. Looking forward to seeing how she turns out after the mapping with your spec. You went of the Schimmel Big valve head as well?

I fit the bvh last year - made 430hp but then later started to get piston wear on my 125k motor so should i have done the lot in one go. I did rebuild gearbox with diff before going charged.

If a s/c can do that then just think the damage a t/c could do on a standard setup plus when it hits hard at low rpms so I can understand your running low boost

Fitted some decent suspension last month with all new bushes, wishbones, ball joints & drop links plus rear eibach arb

Needed doing as none of the bushes have been changed and the koni's coils were struggling after 6 years or so

00CrossMember.jpg

04KWplusNewBits.jpg

21Wishbone.jpg

25FrontKW.jpg

43RearARB.jpg

Edited by B5VWC

Set it higher at first just to make sure it was all good...

53RearOffside117mm.jpg

52RearNearside117mm.jpg

51FrontOffside70mm.jpg

50FrontNearside70mm.jpg

Edited by B5VWC

...But this is how it looks today still driving the car through the winter until I got it sitting right, winding down a bit more each week

2010-02-01.jpg

2010-02-02.jpg

2010-02-03.jpg

2010-02-04.jpg

Edited by B5VWC

This is evolving into a seriously good Corrado :salute:

It was good before though and you're continuing to do all the right things to it :D

I'm interested in how you find the Vibratechnics Rear axle bushes? Always been tempted by them. Maybe when they need doing again :norty:

This is evolving into a seriously good Corrado :salute:

It was good before though and you're continuing to do all the right things to it :D

I'm interested in how you find the Vibratechnics Rear axle bushes? Always been tempted by them. Maybe when they need doing again :norty:

Cheers Kev it needed sorting most of the bushes and the old coilovers were in bad condition

I installed standard vag rear bushes not vb but I did see them on ebay - pricey - but wasnt sure about them