Sign in to follow this  
B5VWC

Black VR6 - Rotrex - Mapping Update on Pg 20

2.5" :sleeping: 3" is the all new :norty:

LOL, 3" has been around for donkeys :lol:

Not really relevant for a crank driven turbo though. 2.5" is more than adequate.

First post alert! 3" will make power over 2.5". I had a rotrex'd 2ltr(not vw) that made 345whp and my 2.5" system was 20hp down on someone with the same setup.

Nice corrado, what fuel pump are you using? Sorry if it's been stated but have skimmed the thread rather than digested it to the full :)

Bet it was hell of lot of booming in the car with 3'' system with a Charger, you will getaway with 3'' on a turbo not a supercharger.

Cant be bad then making 400hp/340-345whp with a 2.25 Magnex then anyway forget that what I do need now is better brakes, no more 312

Agreed, it's just a numbers game. It's how it drives on the road that counts and how long it holds together.

Looks like you're losing 40lb/ft from 6500-7000rpm, not a criticism, but bigger valves and a bigger exhaust should help hold that to 7K, but as you say, brakes first. No prizes for guessing what I recommend!

Agreed, it's just a numbers game. It's how it drives on the road that counts and how long it holds together.

Looks like you're losing 40lb/ft from 6500-7000rpm, not a criticism, but bigger valves and a bigger exhaust should help hold that to 7K, but as you say, brakes first. No prizes for guessing what I recommend!

Yeah with the oe cams it seemed to hold better at the top end even though i made more gains throughout vince did say that was the only let down... it drops from 320@6600 to 270@7200 but i will look to sort this

is that the same for the standard engines?

if the cams are high lift is there alot of strain on the valve springs too

I did look at the AP's... big money but needs to be done

btw, it's 330lbft not lb/ft (lb multiplied by ft, not divided)

it's all about Moments.

okay boss

a mate of mine will be selling some brembo's soon bobby.

karl

Karl let me know mate pm details when theyre for sale thanks

Went out in Bobbys VR lastnite... the car is insane.. very very fast & the noise it makes is unreal... its an absolute animal! noway for the faint hearted :lol:

LOL , so anyone with a pace maker need not apply? :lol:

Bobbi, yeah stock cams and head give up at about 6500ish rpm too. More flow in the head and exhaust is something you can do in the future, it will defo help. What you've done already is a damn good start! Congrats.

Went out in Bobbys VR lastnite... the car is insane.. very very fast & the noise it makes is unreal... its an absolute animal! noway for the faint hearted :lol:

cheers bro good to see you guys again and see some top motors, bills car is awesome

LOL , so anyone with a pace maker need not apply? :lol:

Bobbi, yeah stock cams and head give up at about 6500ish rpm too. More flow in the head and exhaust is something you can do in the future, it will defo help. What you've done already is a damn good start! Congrats.

Thanks - made alot more than expected but thats down to using quality parts

, exhaust is an easy swap so will get that sorted soon, then just need an excuse to change head,

cheers bro good to see you guys again and see some top motors, bills car is awesome

Likewise.. Bills cars lovely.. really love that car.. yrs is just nuts!!

Likewise.. Bills cars lovely.. really love that car.. yrs is just nuts!!

Bally - and your ride too respect for a daily driver but looking better and better - you got any engine plans then???

Looks Awesome bobby, i would wrap the intake pipe over the Exhaust mani, keep in take temps down :)

yeah i already have something in the pipeline for that bit :)

Good to meet you at Stealth yesterday mate, car was looking sweet and that rotrex install is awesome :notworthy: hopefully mine will be looking similar in the not too distant future!

Good to meet you at Stealth yesterday mate, car was looking sweet and that rotrex install is awesome :notworthy: hopefully mine will be looking similar in the not too distant future!

Cheers mate same as - you got good numbers on sunday..

Good to see another rotrex setup theyre not bad little chargers - what you planning next? cams.

Cheers mate same as - you got good numbers on sunday..

Good to see another rotrex setup theyre not bad little chargers - what you planning next? cams.

Yep 263's, some form of charge cooler and then tiny pulley :D

Looks Awesome bobby, i would wrap the intake pipe over the Exhaust mani, keep in take temps down :)

yeah i already have something in the pipeline for that bit :)

Haha, ain't it the truth!

Did you get around to calling NASA in the end mate? ;)

car sounded pretty crazy as you pulled out from stealth on Sunday :eek:

8)

Haha, ain't it the truth!

Did you get around to calling NASA in the end mate? ;)

nah **** em what do they know