Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

HELP!! I cant open my passenger door!

I've had some problems with my doors not locking and while inspecting, the passenger door has decided to lock now - permenantly! Cant open from inside or out :shock:

I've sorted out the locking of the offside door now so all is secure thankfully.

Anyone ever had this happen and know of an un-drastic way of getting it open?

Cheers

Rob

Hey mate, long time no see....

not good, I havent got a clue how to open it, but hope you get it sorted soon, did you go to inters?

Alrite mate, yeah i went to inters,didn't think much of it really. You go?

Hows your car,you get that bonnet sorted out? :lol:

Sadly in my experience theres no easy way. You are going to need to remove the door card and try to un-jam the lock.

I cant remember having to do this to a C but ive done a golf.

If you remove the passanger seat it gives you plenty of space to work in. Removing the door card with the door closed is a b*tch, but if your carefull you should get it off with very little damage.

Start by removing all the screws you can get to, then open the window and peel the top part of the card up from the window gap, from there you can pull the card away from the door enough to get a pry bar to the clips. Its better to break clips rather than the door card, but if your carefull you should be able to releace them without breaking too many.

Once its off I would spray the mechinism with a load of WD-40 then pull & prod it until it opens.

Its not a nice job so good luck.

Yeah it's not easy with the door closed. There are two screws facing the dash in the card, which are impossible to get to without the door being open. The bottom card rests have a plug in the middle of them which needs pushing through with a screwdriver. The rest is all straightforward but removing the weatherproof membrane and getting to the mechanicals with the door card in the way is going to be a mare.

K

This aint gonna be easy is it :roll:

Could be another problem though - my passenger window isn't working that the moment so i cant get that down. Is it still possible to do it?

you need to have the window up to have access (although very limited if the door card is still on...) to the lock mechanism... Stop playing with the switch now in case it goes down and then won't go back up again! :shock:

Bloody hell! Its not your day is it mate.

It can still be done but your going to need to use something to pull the card up and away from the window rubber without damaging it. Damaging the top of the door card is the worst place because its the bit that everyone can see, so be carefull.

Thanks a lot!

Think it'll be a saturday job - not looking forward to it! Why me :mad: :mad:

Alrite mate, yeah i went to inters,didn't think much of it really. You go?

Hows your car,you get that bonnet sorted out? :lol:

I went Sunday, bonnets not sorted, but tracking all done & sitting lower on the front :wink:

right this is a bit hard to explain but if you open the drivers door and latch the catch you can try this out :?

at the front of the catch where the latch comes down and locks is a little locking tab that when you pull the handle drops, well if you push this with a piece of welding wire or similar the catch pops and so the door opens :lol:

it is hard to do on a closed door but a bit of patience and you will be sorted

makes sense when you look at the drivers catch :wink:

make sure you put some masking tape on the door edge and body to stop you scratching the paint work. :cry:

hope this helps

Cheers exturbo2003, :)

I went Sunday, bonnets not sorted, but tracking all done & sitting lower on the front

You nutta! Didn't think it would go any lower :lol: Must look the dogs...

Sorted :D

Took the window seal off on the outside and was then able to get access to the latch. All locking as normal now :)

Thanks everyone!