Sign in to follow this  
Mac

Beeping Noise?

Hi Guys

I took a long sweeping left at a fair pace the other day and my VR made a strange beeping noise at me. I'm assuming this is some kind of warning (body roll mabe?) not heard of this before. anyone know what it is :?:

That's the oil pressure warning buzzer I suspect. The majority of the oil has flung over to the right hand side of the sump, causing the pump to surge.

If you're low on oil, don't take corners at high speed or you'll kill the big end bearings through oil starvation.

AFAIK, VR6s don't have sump baffles as standard. Mine didn't have one when I replaced my sump. It should have one really.

K

Cheers mate

Whats an "AFAIK VR6"?

Appart from what you just mentioned does the lack a Baffles cause any other problems?

As

Far

As

I

Know

You shouldn't suffer from oil surge. check your oil level before yo go booting it again. if it's OK, then take those slicks off! :wink:

AFAIK...oh ok :oops:

the oil level is fine. just had a service and had to change the oil cooler seals, so i've had my eye on the level lately. And sadly no slicks, actualy apart from wheels its a standard set-up so not cornering at silly speeds. Maybe I'm hearing things....or maybe im getting confused with some of that new fangled dance music on the wireless :|

it's possible that you've just got a slightly over-sensitive oil pressure warning switch... I dunno what they're like on a VR, but the ones on the 4cylinder cars are a sod for causing annoying problems every now and then! :roll:

Anyone? what are they like on the VR6 then?