guildmage

Editing posts - v2

I've noticed a strange thing with my Members Gallery thread ( http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=72057&highlight=lucasrado )

In the past I was able to go to my first post hit Edit -> then Go advanced -> and then I was able to change topic of the thread and also add / remove bits from the original first post. Nowadays, I can still edit my post when it comes to title, but the content box with all text, pictures etc is turning completely blank. So by pressing "Save" I would most likely loose it all.

Any idea why this is happening? I can go and edit other posts I made on the forum and it preserves all my text but not on that particular one from Members Gallery thread.

I suspect it could be down to either too much text/photos there already? Could that be the case? Anyone have similar problems?

ps. I've tried editing this very post and no such problems as it "remembers" my original text in the post. So maybe it is too much text in my Members Gallery post.

Edited by guildmage

I get this too, What I do is select the text and pictures and then copy it before I hit edit and then paste into the blank box. Works a treat. Bit of a nuisance!

Ah yeah I got this. If I press F5 it loads the content, but it displays the HTML formatted text.

This has sometimes happened to me when I've typed something in using the advanced editor and then pressed "preview post"...

Deffo had the same when editing posts though as per O/P...

Known issue on a few forums at present - I was talking to VR6Pete who runs the VR6 Owners Club -- same problem on there.

Think I need to get the forum software updated and/or move to IPB....

It's on the to-do list. Sorry - I'll get it fixed when I get some time!