Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Magnecor Leads for early VR6, best price??

Hi All,

Decided I need some new leads and feel that the Magnecor KV85 are the ones to go for after doing a bit of reading here and there.

Best price I have so far is £108.39 inc VAT from motorsport world. Can't find any details about delivery charges on the website.

I didnt see any stands selling them at inters....

Has anyone seen them cheaper anywhere else???

You won't get them much cheaper than that, a few quid maybe.

KV 85s won't fit the VR cable routes unless you remove the little retainers from the channels.

I wouldn't bother with them personally. Leads are overhyped. Just get a set of original Beru leads from the dealers. I've tried all of the leads available and the only decent ones are Blue Igniters and the original Berus.

Magnecor have the best wire quality but they use cheap ends which lets them down.

K

The Berus are amazing. Cheap leads crumple up as you push them onto the plugs with the hazet tool. Beru leads can be fitted with a hammer and a chainsaw and they'll shrug it off.

The only downside to the berus is they use carbon wound cores, which do eventually break down, but we're talking at least 10 years to do so.

If Magnecor used proper BREMI or BERU ends, then they would be the best, but they don't, so avoid!

K