zeb911

Finally....!

After years of putting it off or something that 'I had to buy' coming I've finally gone and done it and entered the hallowed halls of Corrado ownership :cheers::cheers:

Winging its way to me by wednesday is a N reg VR6 storm in mystic blue. Nice enough original one owner car but body work is getting tired and it comes with the usual supermarket car park love taps!.....so that it will need looking at at some point.

I'm going to keep it as original as possible but with a few subtle mods along the way.

As the suspension is now pretty tired that will be one of the first jobs to do. I'm wanting something to improve the ride but dont want to make it teeth looseningly hard so what do people recommend? This would include a gentle bit of lowering but not daisy cutter style.

Also I'm toying with the idea of a stainless exhaust too, again not too harsh but something to enhance the 'growl'...be interested what other people favour?

Any answers gratefully recieved and stand by for many potentialy daft questions over the coming months...thanks:thumbleft:

oh yes.....pictures to follow (when I've actually got something to take a picture of on the drive....:cool:)

KW coils and Magnex stainless systems always seem to be praised alot. Can't really comment though, seeing as how standard mine is. Good to hear that there's another one in the county. Where abouts are you ?

Welcome!

as james mentions KW coilovers are popular on here, ive got V 1's myself & they are fantastic......though if i was to order them again i think i would ask them for a slightly softer spring rate.

in terms of general handling you will see great returns by renewing the running gear. I finished the rounds on mine last summer & you get a great deal of 'cushioning' back with new rear beam bushes, front wishbone bushes etc. This then really makes the spend on the suspension shine as the response is crisp & precise :D

good luck with the exhaust hunting tho! i would be keen to hear any of your findings as it is something im currently looking into & if you want a full manifold back system with high flo cat the options seem limited. ive kinda narrowed it down to between powerflow, longlife & vortex......though the latter is coming in at £1100!!

I hope your storm turns out to be what you expected & wanted when it turns up & yup pics & daft questions are welcomed here

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep you informed how I get on.

James - Not a million miles from you up the road in Lytham

Steve - when its here i'll take some pics of it !!

gOidf1ng3r - Did you go for one of those polybush kits or just replaced with OE equipment? The exhaust seems to be the original one and as such looks like its ready to go the big scrapyard in the sky, so i'll need to find something soon - ish

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep you informed how I get on.

gOidf1ng3r - Did you go for one of those polybush kits or just replaced with OE equipment? The exhaust seems to be the original one and as such looks like its ready to go the big scrapyard in the sky, so i'll need to find something soon - ish

I went with OE for all the running gear :)

No probs, always happy to share & help :)

replacing all running gear is in my top 3 'completed tasks' on my rado as the difference is so much better on lots of levels

other 2 being the KW's & a kur2y uprated headlight loom from here......though it might need to go to a top 4 as ive just ordered a short shifter off daves16v & from what ive read on here they are meant to be peachy :D

Ha ha no matter how many things get ticked off the 'done' list it always seems to increase with more 'wanted's' ;) lol

I know what you mean ! Over the last few years ive done an old mini and a 70's triumph and the mini especially, the further I got, the more it needed. Sold for a decent profit in the end but became a source of irritation as week after week it needed something else. Have to say though the parts were very reasonable so that helped. The triumph was fun but every time I took it out it felt like something could (and usually did go wrong).

The storm is (hopefully) more of a long term project for me to keep as they are at the bottom of their depreciation curve in my opinion and will start to rise at somepoint. I want to keep it as original as possible but there will be some mods i'll do simply asd it makes the whole driving experience more enjoyable. As it wont have dragons or tiger stripes or lambo style gull wing doors or the like (!!:eek:) it would be relatively easy to revert it back to standard....well thats the idea anyway....

Are we allowed to see pics??? Por Favor............ :)

of course mon ami.....but I would refer to my 1st post (the car dosent arrive until tomorrow) ! :thumb right:

Welcome to a very select Club. Lovely weather to be picking up a Storm. I collected my Classic Green yesterday! Regards exhaust, the usual recommendations appear to be Jetex and Milltek. Tough I believe the Milltek may now be unavailable?! Also like the near standard look of the DubPower exhaust, guys based in Reading. My Storm has a Jetex and I am very pleased with it. Nice and quiet with an underlying bark. I previously had a Magnex system on a car which looked and sounded pretty similar. Did Jetex absorb Magnex? Think I will get a Dubpower fitted to my other VR6, purely for the looks at this stage! I will see how they compare

of course mon ami.....but I would refer to my 1st post (the car dosent arrive until tomorrow) ! :thumb right:
My apologies.... hurry up and get it and post up a couple of pics. Mystic Blue Storms rock!!

It is....it was rather :cheers:

Too late to faff with photos but got it in the garage after a quick drive round the block. I'll be back with updates soon &pics (in full sky sports stylee there!)

What do we want............. PICS!

When do we want them......NOW!!

:) :)

Ha ha ha brilliant!! he is too busy driving it at the moment......enjoying the sound of his VR roaring i would imagine lol.....& as such we are (im)patiently waiting ;)