Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Mrs Badcrumble 2.0 16v....

Cheers guys, just need the front bumper done and some coilies and it'll look like that! I wish!! :(

Well, I've acquired couple of things in the last few days. Found a 2E engine curtosy of Toad and an brand spanking new Sprinter LT intercooler 'buck shee' off a mate.

The intercooler looks a bit like this.....do you think it'll fit and be suitable for a 16v turbo??

sprinter_intercooler.jpg

Also updated the first post.... :)

Looks good! Hard to judge the size without anything beside it for comparison though! What diameter are the inlet/outlet?

There are plenty of holes on it to make up some custom brackets, so I'd say you should be able to get it to fit with a bit of modification to the slam panel. My only worry would be the way that the inlet/outlet is high on one side and low on the other. When I fitted mine I needed both inlets/outlets as high as possible to fit under the part of the slam pannel where the headlights + grille etc sit, but to get the pipes over the front crossmember. Sure someone else here has fitted one like that though 8)

Looks good! Hard to judge the size without anything beside it for comparison though! What diameter are the inlet/outlet?

The one I've got has 2.5" inlet and outlet, so fairly hefty!

There are plenty of holes on it to make up some custom brackets, so I'd say you should be able to get it to fit with a bit of modification to the slam panel. My only worry would be the way that the inlet/outlet is high on one side and low on the other. When I fitted mine I needed both inlets/outlets as high as possible to fit under the part of the slam pannel where the headlights + grille etc sit, but to get the pipes over the front crossmember. Sure someone else here has fitted one like that though 8)

Be interesting to see if it will fit. I hope so, it was free after all!

Ooooh, look what arrived this morning!

Cost £130 + £5 delivery from Bill Shurvington, MR Megasquirt in the UK! I ordered it on Monday at 9.30pm, infact I emailed him then and he replied within minutes :shock: Arrived this morning at 8am. Bloody good service I'd say!

DSC02087.jpg

Nice!! 8)

Got one of them in 2nd place on my "things to buy" shopping list! Good to see you found a good supplier, as I was looking into getting one in from the US!

Nice!! 8)

Got one of them in 2nd place on my "things to buy" shopping list! Good to see you found a good supplier, as I was looking into getting one in from the US!

Yeah I did consider getting one form the US, but once you've paid delivery and taxes, it would work out similar price, if not more. Plus if you've got any issues with the kit, Bill seems really approachable and is in the UK! He does all of the Innovate products and I'm pretty sure he keeps stock of everything.

Well you must be feeling a bit better now then eh Stu? Back to thinking about mods! :lol:

Well you must be feeling a bit better now then eh Stu? Back to thinking about mods! :lol:

Still feel rough mate, and haven't stopped thinking about mods, in fact have probably been thinking about them more :D :afro: but its sending me :cuckoo:

Coming together then Stu!

I've got some pictures somewhere of some heat wrapping that I fitted to both my O2 probes, just to keep the cable cool.

Same stuff as on the pipework under the bonnet, but taped with alloy heat tape to the sensor. Seems to do the job nicely.

Didn't realise Bill did all the Innovate stuff, good info for the future. I need an LC-1 to use permanently on my car instead of filling the glove box with LM-1!

Coming together then Stu!

I've got some pictures somewhere of some heat wrapping that I fitted to both my O2 probes, just to keep the cable cool.

Same stuff as on the pipework under the bonnet, but taped with alloy heat tape to the sensor. Seems to do the job nicely.

Didn't realise Bill did all the Innovate stuff, good info for the future. I need an LC-1 to use permanently on my car instead of filling the glove box with LM-1!

It's getting there Dave, slowly but surely, but more slowly than surely I reckon :lol:

The piccies would be good, cheers.

I've still got a huge list of stuff to get, and it seems to be getting longer and is.....

Cossie T3 Turbo or K24

Exhuast manifold of some description (modded S2/custom log)

Pipework and Samco/SFS

Megasquirt Loom

Air filter

BOV

Downpipe

Fuel line adapters

VR or Passat GT rad

Oil breather catch tank

Beetle cylinder head oil breather

Breather pipes

Mocal sandwich plate

Saab/Volvo Oil cooler

Turbo Oil lines and T-piece

Loads to get, but have some things in the pipeline ;)

Been thinking about the look..... what do you think?

theroux3copycopy2.jpg

Just need to find the time now! First stop is some coilies, just need to sell soem of the stuff I've got, and get on the G-werks offer!!

Well, she's off the road!

No MOT, oil pump is on its last legs, spoiler isn't working, central locking has a mind of its own, still have no heater control, two ABS sensors are not working, exhaust downpipe is pretty much fubarred, exhaust catches like a bitch, door is still mangled after the attempted break-in, front bumper has a big gouge(sp?) in it following some tw@t in the work car park bumping into it, sunroof is bust, bodywork is shocking, front seat is ripped, suspension is too high, alloys desparately need a refurb, and one of the rear tyres is out of shape. :(

All in all it's buggered. Need to spend some serious dollar on it and I'm skint. Ho hum, just got myself a project I suppose. The fact that the engine is on its way out means I might as well get on with the turbo conversion as well as trying to sort all the other schitt out.

Somehow I think this is going to be a long process. I did think about breaking her and trying to recoup some money and get something else, but I don't think I can bring myself to do that. I was at a point where I wasn't actually enjoying driving her at all, I actually prefer driving mrsbeige's 306. Far more comfortable, easier to drive and air con (even though it's not working properly)!

So anyone who sees me as a charitable case please don't hesitate to help me sort this bag of poo out. I probably need all the help I can get. I think the name Badcrumble is quite apt right now!!

Sad news matey.. :(

Don't stress too much and do what you can when you can.. she'll be back and at least you have a winter and a garage to get her mechanically fit again!

The cabby's up for sale if you want to earn some "out of hours dollar" as a free-lance hairdresser? :lol:

Sad news matey.. :(

Don't stress too much and do what you can when you can.. she'll be back and at least you have a winter and a garage to get her mechanically fit again!

The cabby's up for sale if you want to earn some "out of hours dollar" as a free-lance hairdresser? :lol:

That was the plan, but I think it will take more than just over winter.... :(

Not thought about doing freelance hairdressing.....hmmm

*goes off to find scissors*

Well, SORN'ed her today, so thought I'd make a start tonight on project "To-The-Bone"! Only spent an hour, but....

Removed metering head, battery, inlet manifold headlights, grill, grill spoiler and labelled up all the plugs I've removed.

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

Remind me what project "To-The-Bone" involves...?

It's an ill conceived idea that I might be fitting a 16v turbo to Mrs Badcrumble (the car, if you hadn't seen lol). The name "To-The-Bone" was inspired by the cheesewire . He once said "Mrs Bad-To-The-Bone-Crumble" !

Another reason for the to the bone business, is, I'm also doing other stuff at the same time, including suspension, wheels, bodywork, interior....basically everything. Going to attempt to do it all myself, so will need a lot of encouragement, as I've tried two projects prior to this, 2 x mk1 golfs and have never finsished them. Admittedly the amount of bodywork, which is the bit I like and know least, is not to the same extent as the mk1's so hopefully I wont take the car apart then loose all interest!

Fingers crossed hey!

You won't be losing interest Stu, I won't let ya!!! :lol:

Need to get Mrs Badcrumble sorted so I can finally get my car in your garage...... :D

You won't be losing interest Stu, I won't let ya!!! :lol:

Good, that's at least one person who will be on my back to get it done. Anyone else?

Need to get Mrs Badcrumble sorted so I can finally get my car in your garage...... :D

:lol: :lol: