Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

4x100 to 5x100 addapters found

Found these on german ebay, quite interesting

They are one piece addapters that convert 4x100 to 5x100, they are made by scc

If you look closely, one bolt screws through the addapter and into the hub, and the other 4 bolts screw into the addapter

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEBWA:IT

And here is SCC's website

http://www.spurverbreiterung.de/frame.php?lan=uk

Go to catalogue section, then to "addaption wheel spacers" (addaption system 4L are the ones)

Im sure this might interest a few of you, i never thought a 4x100 to 5x100 addapter was possible till now

It look like a double adaptor i.e. the first adaptor is bolted to the hub using 4 bolts and the second bolts to the first with the odd placed bolts that allow a final 5 x 100 PCD.

Would you not have to use a higher offset due to the adaptor ie more then 35mm. Also not sure how safe that would be. Good idea as I would love to put a set of TT competition wheels on.

No, there not double adapters, althou they do double adapters aswell for a different aplication

Look at the system 4L adapters on the website, they are the ones, the double adapters are system x, they are different

The ones on german ebay are 15mm thick and 20mm thick

I noticed on ebay good few weeks ago a guy who was selling Porsche ones saying he would make adaptors to fit your requirements if its possible.Prob pricey though and not sure bout his quality.

Cheers Fraser

So either way the offset has changed. Would this mean you have to buy a different offset wheel to compensate for the adapters?

Yeah, you would probably have to buy a higher offset, if you were to run 15mm adapters, you wouldnt necessarily need to get a wheel with an offset 15mm higher, maybe get them in a 10mm higher offset than standard, they look better spaced out a bit

FK do these adaptors as well, there in the brochure that Gwent VW sent me when I bought my coilovers. About £120 i think

If you look closely, one bolt screws through the addapter and into the hub, and the other 4 bolts screw into the addapter

...Hmmm, how safe are they tho? Especially as you only have one bolt holding the adapter to the hub, and then 4 bolts placing additional stress on the adapter?!! :shock: :?:

...Hmmm, how safe are they tho? Especially as you only have one bolt holding the adapter to the hub, and then 4 bolts placing additional stress on the adapter?!! :shock: :?:

No, there's 4 bolts holding the adapter to the hub, 3 bolts going through just the adapter into the hub (underneth the wheel), and one bolt going through the wheel and adapter into the hub, the 4 remaining holes in the 5 stud wheel screw only into the adapter

this'd be perfect if the wheels I want will come in a higher offset!

The wheels I want are 17 x 8.0 with ET35... am I right in thinking these will only just fit without the extra 15mm that one of these adapters would add? therefore meaning I wouldn't be able to fit those wheels, and the adaptors?

Cheers, Chris

No, there's 4 bolts holding the adapter to the hub, 3 bolts going through just the adapter into the hub (underneth the wheel), and one bolt going through the wheel and adapter into the hub, the 4 remaining holes in the 5 stud wheel screw only into the adapter

Ah-haaa!....so you have one extra long bolt I take it? That doesn't sound to bad actually.....hmmm, now where did i put those TT Competitions?... :wink: