VR-Sixy

Rear Whirring Noises.......

Wasn't too sure where to put this, but i saw another Fuel Pump related thread here, so i guess

it's a good a place as any. Got some 'whirring' noises coming from the back, driver-side which I

suspect may very well be the petrol tank fuel pump on the way out.

It's done it a couple of times over the weekend and again this morning. Just wondering if anyone

concurs with my suspicions before i take the plunge and go get a new pump.

Cheers! :thumbleft:

As mr mass says . Mine has stopped whining now but it's coming out this week , any starting problems ? .

yes, it's quite high pitched. The whirring didn't happen when i started up yesterday for the drive home from work and i've not had any

starting problems up to now. Think i'll go and get one sourced, ready and waiting!

Have you changed the fuel filter in the last few years? Might be worth doing that before spending money on a new pump!

If the fuel filter is gummed up / blocked then the pump will be having to work harder to push the fuel through the system which could be causing the intermittent whining you're getting!

Good point that Jim . Hopefully that will sort Endeegee's problem , my fuel filter has only done around 2k , so unless I picked up some crap and it got sucked through , mine is the pump . When I removed the two fuel pipes one was bone dry .i would have thought both pipes would have fuel in if the pump was ok .

Rob

Took the little beastie over to my garage guy yesterday and mentioned the whirring noise which i thought to be fuel pump related. When i said that this happens before i've even put the key in the ignition and switched on, garage matey said well, it's not the fuel pump because this doesn't kick in until the ignition is on..... so it's the central locking air pump. As luck would have it, this noise appeared when we locked and opened the car again. Turns out that my passenger side door isn't locking along with everything else, so it's going in at the end of the week to get sorted.

Just though i'd let y'all know what it turned out to be. :)