mic_VR

Baby Seat HELP!!!

Hi All

I know this has been asked before but with new models of baby/toddler seat all the time I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased one recently that fits in the back of the 'rado? Most of the threads I've found are a few years old and the seats don't appear to be available anymore so I need something up to date.

Needs to be a Group 1 or Group 1/2/3 seat as my boy is now 15 months.

Cheers

Mic

Edited by mic_VR

My boy is now 16months, I have him up front with me........it's a maxi cosi, something or other.........it does fit in the back but it's way too much hassle, especially when it's easy enough using the front. He enjoys it better there too :)

I have no idea regarding your question, sorry! I would just get down to Mothercare, park up and pester the Sales staff to let you try a few..

..I do want to congratulate you though for not instantly thinking as soon as you have a kid that you automatically need to buy the biggest people carrier you can find! Good effort for persisting with the C

Yeh, Mothercare and Mama & Papas stores are usually very helpful and will let you try a few etc ;)

Hi Mic,

If you're in the Cambridge area you'll save a lot of time/hassle by driving up to Kiddicare in Peterborough. They've got pretty much every child seat on the market and are very helpful with fitting.

Neil

..I do want to congratulate you though for not instantly thinking as soon as you have a kid that you automatically need to buy the biggest people carrier you can find! Good effort for persisting with the C

Cheers. Th corrado is my sensible option, prior to this I had a motorbike! :lol:

Well I've just spent 2 hours in halfords trying the seats. To be fair the lad there was very helpful. But nothing they had is going in the back comfortably.... so he'll be riding shotgun I guess. Seen a couple we like the look of so we'll have a better look online tonight to see what the reviews etc say.

I'll keep the forum updated for future corrado keeping parents.

That would be good to know if you find anything - my two year old has to ride in the front but now we've got a second need somewhere to put a second seat!

i have a maxi cosi job in the front for my 3 yr old and a quinny carry system means the other wee fella can be belted in the back.

Has anyone got the names of the maxi-cosi's they're using, there's loads of them!

my second maxi cosi is 4yrs old but similar to the current Priori XP model

i have one of the maxi cosi axis rotating seats in my daily, they're a premium but worth it i think, and given the height a kiddy seat is on the front seat of a rado would be a good option i think.

I have a Recaro seat and it fits fine in the front and in the back. For the rear seats, i have cut some dense foam to fill in the hole where the seat contours, but you don't need it really.

obviously a little foam or towel needed under the front seat as well to stop my leather being damaged!

Britax Evolva 1-2-3 is a good fit too, and should last you for years

Is that in the back as well Tony?

Cheers Tony, I've taken the plunge and ordered the Evolva in Black (Didn't come in cream to match the leather).

Let you all know how I get on tomorrow and I'll put up some pics for reference if anyone needs it.

Ok, as promised some pics of the Evolva 1-2-3 nicely installed. Fits like a glove in the back as you can see.

IMG_05661.jpg

IMG_05641.jpg

We'll see how he gets on during his first trip in it tonight but hopefully he'll be fine.