robrado974

A bad night working on the Rado , grumble grumble

I was Changing over the fuel pump tonight , followed the instructions . When it came to fitting the sender , it was clear mine was not going to fit on the new unit . I bought it from carparts for less . They said the Bosch pump was a replacement for the original . Anyone who has fitted one will know the fuel pipes are very tight to fit , so I then had to remove them from the top original part to separate them from the new part . Even thoughi was careful as it came off my top part , it also broke the new one where the pipe fits in ! . Great I thought not only is it wrong , now I've busted it . £120 down I decided to call it a night , not a happy bunny . This happens to me all the time when ordering parts , when I get them they are wrong , I serviced the Vr a while back . Obviously I ordered a dizzy for a Vr and spark plugs , also temp senders . Two of the senders were wrong , I got 4 plugs and a dizzy for a for pot ! . Going for a second hand pump off eBay now with 3 months warranty I can't afford £240 on one from Vw .

Yours very grumpy

Rob

Could it have been broken when you took it out the box? If so I'm sure you could send it/take it back?