sam2.0

Front noise when going over bumps

This fault has developed over the last month. Basically, when going over a speed bump or a small pot hole, I get a tinny metallic 'clanging' noise from the front end. It can be either wheel, but they both make very similar noises. I also suspect this issue is causing the car to handle badly, its not what it was.

I've had the car up and there isn't any movement when moving the wheels, and I can't see anything lose underneath it.

I did notice this though (pic). Could this be it?

Anything else I need to check? Car is a '95 2.0 16v

[ATTACH]75133[/ATTACH]

The car doesn't feel as good as it did when I bought it, in the twisties. Even the garage I took it to recently said it was a bit loose.

Are the drop links easy to do? I imagine I need to the the ARB off, so I may as well do the bushes for that at the same time. Even worth doing the roll bar (the look pricey online)

Are the bolts just single nut, or do I need to hold the middle while undoing the nut?

Bolts are single nyloc so the droplinks are very easy to replace. Bushes are also worth doing, but if you do them after the droplinks theres no need to drop the whole ARB. Aftermarket ARBs are very expensive, and I doubt (although not from experience) you'd notice any difference in most of the driving your likely to do. Do them first, but look at your top mounts too whilst its on the ground. Have a look at the sticky http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=41755 as clunking over speedbumps can be a sign they're worn.