Kempy

GoPro users

hi all

I'm off to nurburgring in my A1 very soon.. I've bought a GOPRO and wondered if anyone uses one on here, do you use the suction cup? I'm nervous about just using that but I don't want to use the adhesive pads on the bodywork. Thinking about getting tethers of leashes to strap onto the grill somehow..

Any GO Proers out there?

Yeah I use one mate, love it!

I tend to use the suction mount inside and outside, as long as the paint is smooth/clean etc you shouldn't have a problem. Having said that... when on the outside I do use tethers. One I made from a lanyard with a small locking karabina which is soft enough to tie around something (wing mirror) but strong enough to stop it falling. You can use electrical tape to tape the karabina down so you don't get any clicking on the video.

The other tether I've got is made from some locking wire wrapped in some layers of shrink wrap. This is a bit more fiddly to use and you need to have it relatively short otherwise I've seen them scratch paintwork. It's very good for looping through holes though where the lanyard is better for going over/around something. You can look on the gopro forum for ideas, and it's amazing what people come up with.

If you do think of using the adhesive pads they are relatively easy to get off with a bit of heat, and if careful I've never seen one leave a mark.

What's the sound like when outside the car? Got anything on YouTube

Don't have one yet but was using my mates one and suction pad on a window or roof or even doors never let us down when was testing my new toy on the roads. His a biker and used it a lot, always fitted with waterproof cage when outside.

What's the sound like when outside the car? Got anything on YouTube

Haven't really got anything on youtube, well not of the car. There's some (embarrassing ones) of me on my motorbike, which is why I get the gopro originally, but that's a very different noise. I'll see if I can put a few up for you over the weekend so you can see.

For sound quality I use the closed back when outside, and the open back inside. They say you can use the open back outside without too much wind noise up to 100mph but I've never tried. If I get a chance I'll try to sort a small selection for you.