Mawrick

Can I use this fuel pump on the Corrado VR6? (Pierburg)

Anyone know if I can take the fuel pump that sits in my VR6 estate Passat (1991 model) - model: Pierburg: 333 919 051 e

and put it in my 1995 VR6 (with a VDO pump).

Was the Pierburg models ever used in the Corrado VR6 ?

i think the VRs only came with VDO pumps, which replaced the Piersburg pumps. Maybe someone could confirm that. If you can use it i have a piersburg gauge sender and float for sale which i bought accidentally. Its new, never been used just need shot of it and it was too expensive to just throw away.

i think the VRs only came with VDO pumps, which replaced the Piersburg pumps. Maybe someone could confirm that. If you can use it i have a piersburg gauge sender and float for sale which i bought accidentally. Its new, never been used just need shot of it and it was too expensive to just throw away.

Ahh - so the sender etc will be different? (I presume the sender from the Passat won't be the same or?)

No only a piersburg sender will fit a piersburg pump and the same for VDO pump and sender. Not sure if the sender from the passat will work. Though i would say that if the pump from the passat can be used in the corrado then the sender will be the same.

Early vr's had piers burg pumps , they changed around 93 I think , to vdo , so if you have a shot old pump like mine and you buy the new Bosch one , the sender will not fit .

Early vr's had piers burg pumps , they changed around 93 I think , to vdo , so if you have a shot old pump like mine and you buy the new Bosch one , the sender will not fit .

Then I presume the Piersburg from my 91 Passat VR6 would fit the Corrado ?

Also any idea if these pumps where "better" ? (ie not having that "leaking back" issue they resolved with the non return valve ), as I think that's the problem with mine........

I guess I can't do any damage if trying to fit it either - the electrical connections seem to be the same atleast :)

I don't know if they were better , but I would have thought it would fit , yes . I am awaiting a second hand pump ATM , so I can hopefully resolve my fuel issues .

Just saw a used golf-vento gti/VR6 VDO pump for sale localy for roughly £70 - any idea if this one is the same?:

Pic of it:

IMG487.jpg

That looks like the new Bosch pump . You should be ok as it has the sender attached .

It should be the VDO pump - but as the add says it got a new sender and "housing"....so maybe that's the reason ?.

The casing is how the new ones come , the new one I bought is exactly the same . The top of my original is white not black , so maybe they have replaced that as well , give Them a shout and check for fitting but it should be fine .as said it would have a new sender , as the original one won't fit the new version .

The casing is how the new ones come , the new one I bought is exactly the same . The top of my original is white not black , so maybe they have replaced that as well , give Them a shout and check for fitting but it should be fine .as said it would have a new sender , as the original one won't fit the new version .

Yea - according to him it's all VDO actually - but anyway, is £70 an ok price ? (I guess up here is a bit more expensive then the UK (normally) but anyhow :) )....lol

The price seems fine to be honest , yeah vdo is the new version . These pumps are ranging from £122.00 to £488.00 in the uk , so you have to shop around .

Tried to have a look at the Passat pump today - but can anyone tell be if the pump on the Corrado also sits down in the tank ? - and how do you get it out from there? - how is it fixes in position there?

Tried to have a look at the Passat pump today - but can anyone tell be if the pump on the Corrado also sits down in the tank ? - and how do you get it out from there? - how is it fixes in position there?

Yeah sits in tank and is down by a twist lock system twist left to undo and right to replace

Yeah sits in tank and is down by a twist lock system twist left to undo and right to replace

Do I need to push it down to twist or ? (and would it sit hard?)

Do I need to push it down to twist or ? (and would it sit hard?)

Just twist, to get a good grip I got a latex glove on as my tank was half full at the time so less chance of slipping off

As Jon says , locate the whole , turn clockwise and you will lock it in place . The above info I gave to you was courtesy of Jon , who kindly relayed it to me . Great forum , without the info we all put in where would we be ? So credit to Jon .Oh and be careful with the sender arm when fitting .

Edited by robrado974

As Jon says , locate the whole , turn clockwise and you will lock it in place . The above info I gave to you was courtesy of Jon , who kindly relayed it to me . Great forum , without the info we all put in where would we be ? So credit to Jon .Oh and be careful with the sender arm when fitting .

No worries mate, its good to share knowledge as me having just changed the pump its fresh in my mind. And here for other people to find when they do a search. Hopefully you get yours sorted soon mate

Being sorted while I'm on holiday , my friendly mechanic is doing it for me . I didn't want fuel evaporating away for a week while I'm away . I've had to plug the hole while I'm waiting for pump to arrive . Easy fix with the right pump though .

Ha yeah I had to plug mine up when I got the wrong pump...was expecting to wake up one morning with the car in flames