Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightVR

MoonlightVR Pics - Sad day - 26/2/06 - SOLD IT :-( Pics pg11

You already know what I think of it Asim :)

Thing is I just know your choice of cars, so that porker will be as mint as they come.

When I come to get one I will be giving you a bell to see if you are selling it :)

Jay

how does it compare to the vr?

Chalk and cheese :-)

Asim kindly let me drive it when picking up some parts from him and it's a stunning drive. The turn in is perfect, uncorrupted and understeer free. Brilliant damping, excellent traction out of corners and the brakes.....mmmm..... the engine is very smooth and torquey too. It's a real experience.

My VR by comparison, is identical in engine output so could probably keep with the 993 in a straight line, but on the B roads the Porsche would have a major advantage as it just soaks up bumps a hell of a lot better and has a lot more grip out of turns.

It's also a car I aspire to owning one day too.....

Already bought the replacement STORM 2. Nice as those cars are, I'm an old school kinda guy

I seem to remember the VR was going to make way for a more sensible, family car? What happened?

Around 25K for a decent 6 speed manual (avoid the tiptronic auto) RHD 3.6 S.

Asim's is the rare "widebody" S though and has the hollow spoke 993 Turbo 18" rims (IIRC) and is LHD.... I'll let him say how much it cost though if he wants to reveal that ;-)

So for £5K more than a Golf GTI.... you could own a motoring legend :-)

I seem to remember the VR was going to make way for a more sensible, family car? What happened?

Luckily I have a company car for the family hack :)

how does it compare to the vr?

Chalk and cheese :-)

Asim kindly let me drive it when picking up some parts from him and it's a stunning drive. The turn in is perfect, uncorrupted and understeer free. Brilliant damping, excellent traction out of corners and the brakes.....mmmm..... the engine is very smooth and torquey too. It's a real experience.

My VR by comparison, is identical in engine output so could probably keep with the 993 in a straight line, but on the B roads the Porsche would have a major advantage as it just soaks up bumps a hell of a lot better and has a lot more grip out of turns.

It's also a car I aspire to owning one day too.....

The brakes are probably the single most impressive thing coming from a VR6 (even with 312s like mine had).

Traction out of bends needs to be experienced - B road blats are pretty enjoyable :thumb right: Slow in fast out, and the rear just squats and powers out. Awesome. Mind you 285 width tyres on 10 x 18" rear rims help :lol:

Rides a hell of alot better than the Corrado did too.

Lovely Car!

Just out of interest, how much do they cost?

Narrow body C2 or C4 manual 993s fetch between £18 - 30k depending on age, mileage and condition.

Wide bodied manual C2S or C4S range between £28 - 40k.

LHD - take off circa £5k.

Asim,

I loved the Corrado, but your new car, wow, wow, wow. :D

You do know I hope that it is an general understanding, that I should be test driving this, of course this is just to ensure everything is in order and you have not purchased a pup ?!!

Would love to see this in the flesh.

I want one, badly !!

You say about the brakes, but its not just the brakes themselves, its the way they are matched to the car and the amount of grip it generates under braking that impressed me the most.

Stick the porker brakes on a Rado and it will stop well, but nowhere near as well as a porker does.

Jay

Very true mate, it's a very balanced and stable set up. Fat tyre footprint also helps it. Mine only runs the standard Carrera set up - 4 pots all round with 305mm discs - I hate to think what the big reds will do :shock:

Asim, Salaams. Glad you're pleased with the car - hope it really is the dream most of us consider it to be. You must have a damn good job to afford a motor like that tho' :wink: .. Anyway, enjoy, and all the best.

Looks like an absolute cracker - it's true - a Porsche would be next on my agenda too - gotta be the next step after Corrado ownership!

Could not resist chipping in Asim, Hope you don't mind.

Loving the look of the Porsche, will deffo be my next Motor. Need to get one whilst the boy still fits in the back. (he is 4 allready) I am thinking 996 Turbo, although I really like the 993 shape. Also hoping I could leave it standard, mind you I did tell the Mrs that I would not need to mod the RS...

rs246_norm_RS4%20080106.jpg

Just gone stage 3 so pushing about 480bhp at the moment, shown with winter wheels of course.

rs246_norm_rs4%20rear.jpg

This is her with her summer splits on.

Anyway as Jay has said, knowing you I am very very sure that the porsche is a absolute minter.

I know how gutted you must be to part with the rado. :cry:

It just goes to show what a big part of your life a car can be. I have not had a C for nearly 3 years now and, although quiet on the posting front I always check into the forum to see what is going down.

Oh and also to see how mental LEE is getting...... :cuckoo:

Cheers mate :salute:

Tom! :) How you doing son?! Good to see self-employment is treating you well :D

You just can't keep a motor standard can you :wink: Looks awesome but what I want to know is how many times the Cheltenham feds have pulled you because of the tints! Don Corleone would be proud of you :lol:

All the best mate

Dom

Beautiful Audi. I have a MK4 Golf GTI which is our company car. One day looking at getting an Audi Estate as the family grows. Funds stopping that at the moment!

It amazes me about how desirable these are. Remember the old 100cc Avants? My dad had one and they were huge! Not the sort of car one would mod though!