Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightVR

Meguiars Car Wax - thoughts?

Cheers kvwloon, looking shiney! 8)

A bought the clay detailer and the new NXT Tech Wax last week. The NXT wax is supposed to be Meguiars best ever wax. Have only tried it out on a wing so far but feck it's good stuff! Certainly the easiest wax I've used to apply and then remove. Hardly any effort at all and no dust or white residue in the shuts/seals etc It visibly darkens the colour of the paint and seems to hide and fine swirl marks too :D

Am well impressed. Will take some pics when I get a chance to do the whole car.

Nice one MoonlightVR, , as it happens have finished off the Megiuars Gold Class wax today, time to go and buy some of the NXT tomorrow methinks!

this probably doesn't affect rado owners, but I now don't rate Meguires trim detailer that much. Looks fantastic when it goes on bit got washed off with one light shower! I've now got streaky strips!

this probably doesn't affect rado owners, but I now don't rate Meguires trim detailer that much. Looks fantastic when it goes on bit got washed off with one light shower! I've now got streaky strips!

My plasic is light grey at the moment, so it'll soak up the trim cleaner like a sponge. Hopefully that means it'll stay put... fingers crossed.

If its streaking the paint then you arent rubbing it in - you are merely smearing it on..........

Am going to try some of that NXT wax.... still using the gold class myself - is it much better than gold class?

Scott,

I know many people froth about Gold Class, but I found it extremely difficult to wipe on and off. That's just me.

So, NXT is marvellous, goes on and comes off really easily and smells lovely/

Cheers,

Rica

Scott,

I know many people froth about Gold Class, but I found it extremely difficult to wipe on and off. That's just me.

Cheers,

Rica

I'm not too worried about effort or smell - more about shine :)

Scott, Gold Class bottle ran out last week, bought and just used the NXT ten minutes ago, and yep, I reckon it's better even than Gold Class (Gold Class was very good though!), bottle is a few quid more expensive, but contains more in it. As Ka`, says, goes on and off better. I find if you ligthly spray the just waxed and polished surface with a little water and wipe over with a slightly damp chamois it really 'sets' the shine nicely and brings the shine up even more. Meguiars top stuff in my book, for results for the price. 8)

Scott,

Cheers,

Rica

I'm not too worried about effort or smell - more about shine :)

According to Meguiars own website it's the best wax they do for shine and finish. They offer a money back guarentee if you're not 100% happy.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Then click on NXT generation icon.

Well I just finished doing my *cough* Corsa with a Meguires Quik Clay bar and blimey it's good! Made the manky tree sap soaked sand paper of paintwork go to near enough glass finish (it would have been perfect if I could be bothered to put the elbow grease in). The amount of gunk coming off the paintwork after I'd already washed it was amazing. It's highly recommended.

I also did the detailing with the NXT Tech stuff and that's damn good stuff too.

Oh and it all smells really nice too :)

If its streaking the paint then you arent rubbing it in - you are merely smearing it on..........

er, actually I did rub it in, but I'll try harder next time! :p

I found it was very easy to use too much and end up with it everywhere, so I now spray it on to the cloth first, then rub it in.

I found it was very easy to use too much and end up with it everywhere, so I now spray it on to the cloth first, then rub it in.

I rub it in to make the surface go dark.... I leave it for ten mins then buff off with a soft dry clean cloth... brings it up nicely and NO STREAKS!! :-P

I used clay bar and was so surprised about how much crap it lifted off,so much so the clay bar is knacked.

went over it with the quick buff and more gold

so pleased with it,I done the bike today before its mot

I also bought the pink car wash stuffy,it smells like bubble gum as you wash it.

My valeting bills are heading north :roll:

I still don't get how people can easily pay £100 for a debadged grill and eyebrow but look at you in shock when you say you spent the same amount on cleaning products :!: