DiamondTony

Wheel PCD adaptor fitting help

Hi all,

I have bought some new wheels (Kerscher Carmonas) :D, and they are 5x100 fitment, but my valver is 4x100. I have bought 2 sets of 15mm pcd adaptors to make the wheels fit, however I have never done anything like this before... How would I go about fitting the adaptors to the hubs, and following that, the wheels? I think I have figured out how to fit the adaptors to the hubs, but then it wouldn't look anything like it does on the box :scratch: lol! Any help would be appreciated! :afro:

The adapters would be fitted to the hubs using the supplied bolts through the four holes that line up with the bolt holes in the hubs. The wheels would then be bolted to the adapters through the bolts holes in the wheels that line up with the other five threaded holes in the adapters. If you car is four stud, the standard wheel bolts will be M12 x 1.5. Try one of these bolts into one of the threaded holes in the adapters. If it fits, then you will need 20 M12 x 1.5 bolts to fit the wheels to the adapters (you will already have 16 from your original wheels) If it is too small, then you need 20 M14 x 1.5 bolts to fit the wheels to the adapters. The next thing to check is the length of the bolts. As the adapters are only 15mm, you may well find that standard wheel bolts are too long. The easy way to check is to fit an adapter into the back of the wheel with the wheel off the car. Line up the bolt holes and screw a bolt through the wheel into the adapter. If the end of the bolt comes out of the back of the adapter, even by a mm, then the bolts are too long and will foul the hub before they are tight when you try to fit the wheels. In this case you will have to source 20 short wheel bolts to fit your wheels.

Edited by leon263

Thanks Leon! That makes a lot more sense than some of the crap on other places I've read - just confuses the hell out of me haha!! I feel I may need short bolts, and the 5 holes are pretty small :/ I thinks maybe this will have to be another expense! Wish I'd have just gotten VR brakes now lol! I've already got a full G60 set up though so shame to not use it

As you can see in the pic, the red arrows should be bolts that fix the adapter to the hub, the white arrows should be short bolts that fix the wheel to the adapter as mentioned above these should not protrude beyond the rear face of the adapter otherwise it will foul the hub flange and not fit properly. Lastly the black arrow, this is a long bolt that goes through the wheel and the adapter and screws into the actual hub flange.

RED and BLACK bolts are M12x1.5

WHITE are M14x1.5

If i've not explained that very well let me know and i'll try again lol

As you can see in the pic, the red arrows should be bolts that fix the adapter to the hub, the white arrows should be short bolts that fix the wheel to the adapter as mentioned above these should not protrude beyond the rear face of the adapter otherwise it will foul the hub flange and not fit properly. Lastly the black arrow, this is a long bolt that goes through the wheel and the adapter and screws into the actual hub flange.

WHITE are M14x1.5

Ahhhh that's a LOT clearer - although I have only been supplied with 4 bolts per adapter, and if I only use 3 of them to fix it to the hub, and 4 short bolts to fix the wheel to the adapter, where do I get the long bolf from? Lol?! Such a nightmare and I haven't even picked my wheels up yet!! (I also have to try add camber shims to the rears which will be fun!!)

WHITE are M14x1.5

Excellent explanation, I bow to your superior knowledge as I've learned something new to-day.

Excellent explanation, I bow to your superior knowledge as I've learned something new to-day.

Thanks, with that combination of PCD it has to be done that way.

Yeah they look like that one in the pic yeah - it's got the 4x100 holes, and then the 4 smaller holes in the 5 pattern fitment, but one of the holes is a joint hole as such, as it looks like it is used for both the 4x100 and 5x100 bolts a "shared" bolt, or as you put it Chris, the Long Bolt. :)

I used to have a set of these , you didn't need to buy pcd adapters cause the plate in the centre of the wheel can be changed to different pcd's . Mine came with both 4&5x100 plates and can also be purchased from dubmeister I think. I will try and get a link for you that might explained it better. Unless they have changed how they make them that is

I used to have a set of these , you didn't need to buy pcd adapters cause the plate in the centre of the wheel can be changed to different pcd's . Mine came with both 4&5x100 plates and can also be purchased from dubmeister I think. I will try and get a link for you that might explained it better. Unless they have changed how they make them that is

When you say you had a set, are you on about the wheels or the adapters?

Wheels mate they have a unifit system that you may find easier than using adaptors

http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/raeder/unifit.php?lang=en

Ahh, well I've bought them now haha!! I pick up the wheels tomorrow and I'll have a look :) they're the rarer staggered set for a tuck and poke look ;)

Seems funny that they would do 5x100 and 4x100 though, usually multifits are 5x100 and 5x112 etc. But it'll save me a job I suppose haha!! Just sell the adapters on or swap for some spacers ;)

It's not multi fit as such but a pretty clever way of doing it , the wheel itself has elonged holes already in it and you can buy different pcd plates that sit over the top of them, google image search kercher Carmona pcd plates and you will see what I meen . I did have photos of mine but lost them now

Ah so they are like RH's

Dragon means they have removeable plates that dictate what the PCD is

So you can buy specific centres depending on which PCD you need

I'll try and find a link to explain how it works

I've just had a look into it, and it seems pretty cool tbh :) Might get some at some point, but as I said I've bought the bloody adapters now lol so I'll give these a go. Probably end up going for the 5 stud in the end anyway as I'm gonna need bigger brakes next year, so may end up with s3 hubs or something. If not then I'll deffo look into the PCD plates, they are something I've never heard of!! Those little ingenuis Germans ey!!

I posted a link a few posts up that sort of explains it but its easier to understand with pics , shame I lost my photos from when I sold mine

I can't really find any pics to show how the system works so you'll just have to have a look when you get them.

As dragon said though it might be easier for you to buy the correct parts from kerscher rather than using the adapters you have.

Depends on the offsets but you should still be able to use the adapters you have bought

Great wheels though mate I loved mine , I had 9s all round but you will manage better with the 7.5 upfront . Wish I didn't sell mine now :(

I posted a link a few posts up that sort of explains it but its easier to understand with pics , shame I lost my photos from when I sold mine

Yeah the pics on that link don't show it very good do they, I couldn't see any decent pics on google either, should be pretty clear once tony has them in front of him

Yeah the pics on that link don't show it very good do they, I couldn't see any decent pics on google either, should be pretty clear once tony has them in front of him

Yeah I can't wait to get them, I'm in no ruch to get them on the car as I have a set of white Team Dynamic lightweight race alloys on at the moment which look ok on the car because of the colour, but I'll test fit a wheel this weekend I think and see how they look (if my coilies aren't seized) and maybe whack them all on if they're easy enough to fit. If not I will take the car and bits to my mates and swap the adapters for spacers, shims and get some of those pcd plates instead. I'll try get some pics on here over next few days of how the car is now. I posted a few up in the newbie's section when I joined about a month ago, it's the mint green Rado lol!I have got all the badges for it now though so looks complete, rather than just half done as when I got it. The wheels will set it off lovely I think. Just need to fit a new fuel line (got a hole in mine now so currently sat in drive feeling sorry for itself) and I can get it driven for the 20vt conversion :)