sexybourbon

New toyo proxes 4 , ??

Just been having a little look for new tyres , im running uniroyal rain sport 2's at the moment but there pretty much dead , i was going to go for the t1r but seen these and think i like the looks of them and the tread pattern , and at 53 quid a corner its a good price

Has anyone ran them or have any exparience of them , would be good to know if there actually good

Heard mixed reviews on them, someone on here was running them when they first came out and seemed to like them. Harder wearing then the t1-r's though so if you're doing plenty of miles then might be a good compromise.

I love the t1-r's on mine, now my 3rd set! But they are very soft so you get as little as 6k miles from front.

If I was doing more miles I'd be looking at the continental sport contact 3s, brilliant tyre in all conditions but pricey.

I can't speak for these but think I'm pretty much done with Toyo as a brand. They seem to wear quickly, and find their wet weather behavior a million miles off that of the RainSports.

The T1Rs are poor in the wet but downright dangerous in snow. They do also wear very quickly, but then many tyres do with a VR6...

I'll be switching to the 4s next time and giving up on Toyo if they're no better.

Stone

Hmm im not sure i like the idea of the t1r's in the snow and i drive mine all year aswell , i might give them a go they seem ok for the price , id like to go for the rainsports again but im sure i paid around 300 plus fitment last time and with my insurance coming up i cant afford it

Ill report back if i go for them and tell you what there like , hate choosing tyres you always seem to get mixed reviews but i think its down to peoples driving styles

Yep, try searching for the tyre threads and you'll find it's all personal choice. Kuhmo(sp?) seem to get good reviews if you're on a budget but I would say its the only thing connecting you to the Tarmac so go with something you know and trust.

Hmm im not sure i like the idea of the t1r's in the snow and i drive mine all year aswell , i might give them a go they seem ok for the price , id like to go for the rainsports again but im sure i paid around 300 plus fitment last time and with my insurance coming up i cant afford it

Ill report back if i go for them and tell you what there like , hate choosing tyres you always seem to get mixed reviews but i think its down to peoples driving styles

What size wheels do you have? Drop mr.lobitos on here a PM for a good price on tyres :)

I had Toyo proxes 4 on a set of sebrings. I ran them as winter wheels and rated the tyres highly, never produced any scary moments. As has been said, they were also pretty hard wearing. I'd certainly have them again.

I also rate falken 912

Agree with you completely mic , you can have all the suspension , antiroll bars and fancy bushes but if the tyres on the deck are poor your not going to want to use the car to its full potential

Cheers jim ill give him a message , i have actually spoke to him before but after getting them delivered and then fitted it didnt work out for me

And good news then rob dome good feed back , can i ask how you drive ? Day to day ? Do you do alot of fast road or just pottering about ?

Monday to friday im just around town , back and forth from work and here and there but on a weekend im a couple of minutes from the twisties so usually end up going for a hoon about for a half our

The only thing that concerns me is how damn good the rainsport 2's are in the wet ! And with summer kind of fizzling out wer inevitebly facing more bad weather

I guess I'm in the pottering about category but we all own corrados because of the handling so on occasion I certainly would push on through the corners. I never once felt anything but confident in those tyres. I've had yoko s drive and a312 ( think that's right) px4 better than both.

The last set of tyres I had we're falken, and they were also very good. Must say though that if its ****ing down I tend not to drive fast and certainly wouldn't want to push my luck even with the stickiest of sticky wet weather tyres!

Cool cheers mate tbh you have a point , i dont go mad in the wet but i like to know there is grip there , if you get me , i think my minds made up and i think ill be ordering the toyos.

All i have to do now is choose my size lol i might start a new thread for that as i want a slightly bigger side wall than my current uniroyals

I can't speak for these but think I'm pretty much done with Toyo as a brand. They seem to wear quickly, and find their wet weather behavior a million miles off that of the RainSports.

Totally agree with Jim. I've switched from the Toyos to the Rainsports and lo and behold wet weather is less scary. The Toyos are great if you live in Spain and the rain never falls and the roads are smooth, and they do make the handling that touch sharper because they're so hard, but they're not forgiving.

Each to their own, I say, but you may regret it! :)

I paid £68 each for Uniroyals last time I had any fitted. The best price I could find, fitted, for the T1Rs was only about 5 quid cheaper.