Sign in to follow this  
ZackM8

1990 G60 vs 1988 Rx-7

Ok I need a little bit of backround on this race, I know I have more bhp then this car, but they can rev to the moon before they have to shift. any suggestions on a shifting patern, or good weakness's to know about the non-turbo rx-7, I think he's running about 165-170 hp, i'm still running 227 bhp, jsut looking for some input,

zack

So Fast and the Furious style races do really happen over the water then??? 227 in a raddo vs. 170 in a mazda... nuff said

If you're only interested in standing quater times why did you get a Corrado... all that lovely chassis and suspension work gone to waste :( Might as well buy an American car ;)

no no actaully we have about a good 3 mile stretch of road that we race on with lots of corners, If I was going to drag race I wouldn't have gotten a corrado lol, I am jsut wondering any tips about racing them

G60s don't have the best gear ratios for sprinting.

You need to pull the box apart and fit a VR 1st and a 3.94 final drive + Peloquain diff and you're away :mrgreen:

Or if you want a better crusier, take a 3.61 diff from an SLC

ZackM8, heh heh ok I'll let you off :)

The best way to go quicker is to do some track days. Seriously. If the cars are evenly matched performance wise then it's down to the driver and you'll be amazed how quickly you can stop and get round corners with some practice.